Road Trip to new job

citationxjl

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
Well time to move on. Tommorrow I am departing Grand Forks, ND enroute to Phoenix, AZ to start my new job with Westwind Aviation. I will be flying scenic tours in the Grand Canyon based in Page, AZ. But of course before I start a new job, I need to have a little fun. I am stopping in Denver to ski a few days!!

Finally time to go back home to the great weather!!!

Jeff, be careful in the tour market. The Coconino forest is littered with C-207 hulks. I lost a CFI to one of those. But it is a flying job and it's gorgeous out there. :)

Good luck with your new job Jeff. You will love it out here, I flew over the corridor at 105 a few weeks back. Awsome scenery. Look me up when you feel like flying just for kicks.

Jeff,

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it, especially learning to live with the smell from the back of the airplane on hot summer days :)

Chip

Have a good flight Jeff. You're coming down just in time for the start of some beautiful weather. Good luck on your new job .. sounds fun!

:blueplane:

citationxjl said:
Well time to move on. Tommorrow I am departing Grand Forks, ND enroute to Phoenix, AZ to start my new job with Westwind Aviation. I will be flying scenic tours in the Grand Canyon based in Page, AZ. But of course before I start a new job, I need to have a little fun. I am stopping in Denver to ski a few days!!

Sounds like a great job, Jeff. When hangarin' out in Page give Andrew G. Browne(he's in the phone book) a call and tell him his Maine brother says, "Hello." He's known as The Milkman at The Big Pond(delivers food supplies via his semi-tr. unit to all the Indian Reservations around there. Also, a certified diver in and around the big pond.

HR

Good luck in your new job. My wife and I have hiked to the bottom to Phantom Ranch a couple of times and she is going back in May with friends but we have never flown over other parts. Sounds like a blast. Maybe we can book a tour sometime. We also have a son in Denver and have skied the Loveland basin. Nice noncrowded ski area during the week.
Gary
Arkansas flatlander.

What a perfect day to leave Grand Forks...
[font=Monospace,Courier]
KGFK 101300Z 34025G35KT 5SM -SN BR BKN018 BKN023 OVC037 M01/M02 A2946 RMK AO2 PK WND 34033/1300 P0000

and head towards this...

[/font][font=Monospace,Courier]KPHX 101256Z 14005KT 10SM CLR 14/08 A2997 RMK AO2 SLP135 T01440083

Talk to everyone in a few days!!
[/font]

citationxjl said:
What a perfect day to leave Grand Forks...
[font=Monospace,Courier]
KGFK 101300Z 34025G35KT 5SM -SN BR BKN018 BKN023 OVC037 M01/M02 A2946 RMK AO2 PK WND 34033/1300 P0000

and head towards this...

[/font][font=Monospace,Courier]KPHX 101256Z 14005KT 10SM CLR 14/08 A2997 RMK AO2 SLP135 T01440083

Talk to everyone in a few days!!
[/font]

And this summer (about 6 months of it) PHX will be 40/08 on a cool day. No thanks!

Have fun. Fly safe when you get there (I saw in the fine print that you're driving down).

citationxjl said:

Be careful, Jeff. And have fun!

Well after 28hrs of driving and 4 days of skiing (Keystone, Copper Mountain, and Breckenridge twice) I made it home. No injuries skiing so I still have a medical!! And I have a lot of new posts to read...I better get busy.

Back