RIP MOM, April 5th 1957 - March 15th 2009

NW_Pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Rhine_Labs
On March 13th at age 51 my mom suffered her second heart attack she was pronounced brain dead that morning. On Sunday March 15th per her wishes we removed her from life support. Her health problems were due to heavy drug usage and abuse. Anyone that knows me has herd the stories.

My Mom And I did not have the best relationship in the world. We did not get along and I stayed away due to her choice in lifestyle but she was still my mom deep down inside there was still a form of love.

Now, when I was a teen I took some flying lessons with the late Wally Olsen at Evergreen Field (59S) a year or so before his death he gave my mom my first logbook that he held as I could not afford to pay for it way back when i took the lessons. She had held on to this log book for many years letting me think it had vanished upon Wally's death. It's amazing the things you find out once someone passes.

I am not a Carpenter or even an Armature Carpenter but here is the Urn I built. The Urn Has a few Blood Stains it hurts when you shoot a brad in to your finger Ouch!

RIP, Emma Veeann Rhine, April 5th 1957 - March 15th 2009

l_f161c2ee53ef45f8975d3004dc25d9d6.jpg

My condolences on the loss of your mom. For whatever problems we have with our loved ones, we still love them; and it's always difficult for us when they pass. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

-Rich

Hang in there Steve, it's obviously been a struggle.
Hopefully things will lighten up some for you now. Take care and be careful.

My condolences for your loss. Even when we do not have good relationships with our parents (or other close relatives), their passing is a time of sadness. There's still a connection there.

Sorry to hear about your mom and the other circumstances of the past as well. I looked at her birth date with a bit of a chill because I was born in the same month of the same year.

Steve, I am sorry to hear of your loss, and it is a loss. Your thread title has it right - may she rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I lost my mom a little over a year ago. No matter what the circumstances, the loss of a parent changes you forever.

Sorry to hear about your mom and the other circumstances of the past as well. I looked at her birth date with a bit of a chill because I was born in the same month of the same year.

That's what a life of meth use and prescription pill abuse will do 51 is very young.

My condolences.
But remember.. if she kept your first log book all these years..
She knew it would be important to you..
So it was important to her not to loose it.

I'm really sorry to hear this - I know how hard it is, bless your heart. No matter how we get along with 'em, Mom is still Mom and it really hurts to lose her. :( :(

You show your character in a good way when you choose to honor her despite those differences you had.

God bless all of you.

Mary and I wish to express our sincere condolences, Steven. Next time you're in town, we'll all drink a toast to your mom together.
--
Jay & Mary

I lost my mom to cancer just a few years ago. She was 58. It was an ugly disease and an unfair fight.

I hope both of our Mom's have found the peace they were looking for.

Take care,

-Jim

Steve, very sorry to hear of your loss; you're in our prayers.

My condolences, keep the good memories in the forefront of your mind.

And from a semi-pro carpenter: Nice Urn! Simple and functional is the key to woodwork, in my opinion. Nice touch with the exposed brass screws on top, gives it just a touch of class.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Steve.
A wise person once told me "You never know how much your parents love you till you have children of your own". Sage words indeed.....

Back