RIP Burt Reynolds

kayoh190

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Kayoh@190
Looks like I need to pop in the Smokey & the Bandit dvd tonight.

RIP, Bandit.

RIP Burt. One of my favorites, good ole southern boy as they say. Also played college football at FSU, as a halfback. I think Lee Corso was on the same team with Burt.

https://chicago.suntimes.com

Last edited:
Everybody wanted that Trans Am....

And perhaps it had some extra benefits in the ladies department?

Oh it made an impression alright, just not the kind you hoped for!

The Archer episode on this will be epic....

maxresdefault.jpg

I always liked him, but when he let Sally slip away... No doubt that had to be his one big regret.

I watched SatB a few weeks ago. Good cornball humor. And every several years I’ll watch Deliverance. As for Boogie Nights, I read an interview where he said he wanted to do it to prove that he didn’t have AIDS. He was doing a movie in the 80s and doing his own stunts when someone hit him with a chair that was supposed to be a prop chair. But somehow wasn’t and it busted his face bad and he couldn’t eat solid foods and suffered from chronic pain, which caused him to lose so much weight that everyone thought he had AIDS and he struggled to get acting gigs. So yeah, I was glad to see him make a comeback.

Sucks, he will be missed! I am dreading the day we lose Connery, we already lost Roger Moore.

interestingly enough, on the Archer rerun that was on last night it was the episode where Burt Reynolds is dating Mallory

He was one of my favorites, along with Hal Needham.

Both died at 82.

RIP Burt. Watching Cannonball Run right now. Forgot about the Maule scene!

Good God, He was married to Lori Anderson, that's enough to give any one heart problems. And he still made it to 82. Way to go Burt,, RIP

I always liked him, but when he let Sally slip away... No doubt that had to be his one big regret.

Saw an interview a few years ago, and yes, he regrets letting her go. Said so on the interview n

Good God, He was married to Lori Anderson, that's enough to give any one heart problems. And he still made it to 82. Way to go Burt,, RIP

Yeah I think she really took him to the cleaners when they divorced.

RIP Burt. Watching Cannonball Run right now. Forgot about the Maule scene!

I came here to mention that! Anyone know who did the flying? In that era I wouldnt be supprised if it was Art Scholl.

EDIT: Upon further digging, it may have been Don Lykins who did the flying.

Last edited:
As for Boogie Nights...

He actually fired his agent over that movie he hated it so much. He didn't realize he would win a Golden Globe for it.

How would doing that movie prove he didn't have AIDS?

I lived in Jonesboro GA where much of Smokey and the Bandit was filmed. They put a 'Texarkana' sign on the old train depot downtown for that city.

You can see still where they did the car jump over the Flint River off Flint River Road if you know where to look for it.

I lived in Jonesboro GA where much of Smokey and the Bandit was filmed. They put a 'Texarkana' sign on the old train depot downtown for that city.

You can see still where they did the car jump over the Flint River off Flint River Road if you know where to look for it.

Been to J'boro many times. Many employees of the airline lived there, being just south of ATL. Yeah knew about the filming there, plus Deliverance was blamed in North Georgia I believe.

Heard on the radio this morning he was due to start filming later this month for a part in an upcoming Tarantino movie. Shame, cool dude and good actor.

Been to J'boro many times. Many employees of the airline lived there, being just south of ATL. Yeah knew about the filming there, plus Deliverance was blamed in North Georgia I believe.

Heard on the radio this morning he was due to start filming later this month for a part in an upcoming Tarantino movie. Shame, cool dude and good actor.

You can’t “blame” north Georgia for what went on in Deliverance. ;)
It was filmed in the Clayton area though.

The river scene? Thought that was in N Ga?

It was; Chattooga River. You said “blamed.” Typo.

Oddly enough, the Chattooga wasn’t even used as the basis for the book. It was a river also located in north GA called the Coosawatte. One that I live about 2 miles from. They chose to film on the Chattooga vs the Coosawattee.

It was; Chattooga River. You said “blamed.” Typo.

Oddly enough, the Chattooga wasn’t even used as the basis for the book. It was a river also located in north GA called the Coosawatte. One that I live about 2 miles from. They chose to film on the Chattooga vs the Coosawattee.

Oops didn't catch that typo. Thanks.

Why in the hell would a hotel hang that in its lobby or anywhere else for that matter?

Back