Rides at Gaston's

Any rides left for me? I'll fly in anything! :D

Finally, someone in my class! All I have is an old 172 that I bought from the flight school, but I sure have enjoyed it that past few years!

I have wanted to make it to Gaston's for a couple of years, but something always gets in the way. I am really going to try to make it this year, if the weather and the job cooperate.

You are welcome to ride with me, if you want to!

Just talked with Logan, the nice young man who kinda takes care of things (along with Ron) at Gaston's. I asked him if he got to fly last year when a lot of employees got to go flying and he didn't because he works two jobs. I told him that somebody would take him this year. He said he and his parents have 150 acres on a farm just west of the resort and they've always wanted to have pictures of it from the air. I told him that we would help him out with that. :yes:

Nope, it's the owner. He blamed insurance at first.....until I read the policy. Last year, the plane had just come out of annual with a freshly dressed and balanced prop, and on the market. No way would he let it on grass. Time has passed, let's see what I can do.

Kaye, are you going to be able to land on the grass now?

Just talked with Logan, the nice young man who kinda takes care of things (along with Ron) at Gaston's. I asked him if he got to fly last year when a lot of employees got to go flying and he didn't because he works two jobs. I told him that somebody would take him this year. He said he and his parents have 150 acres on a farm just west of the resort and they've always wanted to have pictures of it from the air. I told him that we would help him out with that. :yes:

Absolutely!

I'll offer rides in the Archer to anybody who wants one, but it is just an Archer. :)

I'll be looking for rides in, oh... lots of planes, but definitely the Trinidad! Will exchange wine for rides! (although payment comes after the ride, of course ;) )

No, didn't get that worked out. And it's a shame since I'll have Tony with me. :(

Well--let us know when you arrive. I'm willing to play shuttle if I'm already there.

I'm not sure I'll be putting the P-Baron in at Gaston's--we'll see. So, if anyone wanted a ride in it, we may have to hop over to Mountain Home. I have a couple folks I'm taking up, but could do another flight or two. Will only be there Saturday.

Would love to see the glass panel Bo, along with some of the other planes I always peruse!

Best,

Dave

Would love to see the glass panel Bo, along with some of the other planes I always peruse!
You're more than welcome to check it out. I would ask for a ride in the Baron in return, but I won't because it'll just make me want one.....

I'm not sure I'll be putting the P-Baron in at Gaston's--we'll see. So, if anyone wanted a ride in it, we may have to hop over to Mountain Home. I have a couple folks I'm taking up, but could do another flight or two. Will only be there Saturday.

Dave, if there's room and you wouldn't mind I would certainly like a ride in the Baron! My love afair with twins continues...

Best,

Dave

Dave, I'd like to drive my young ladies up to KBPK so they can see Bull Shoals Lk from the air in your twin! They'd love to experience that!

O.K., that may be about all I can do. I've promised two folks they could fly with me already. Three passengers at a time with less than full fuel at Mountain Home my be about it. I'd probably want to be pretty light if flying out of Gaston's. Well see how the grass is, but I'm leaning toward paved.

Best,

Dave

O.K., that may be about all I can do. I've promised two folks they could fly with me already. Three passengers at a time with less than full fuel at Mountain Home my be about it. I'd probably want to be pretty light if flying out of Gaston's. Well see how the grass is, but I'm leaning toward paved.

Best,

Dave

Sounds like you're going to have to spend the night so you'll be able to get some socializing in. :yes:

Well--let us know when you arrive. I'm willing to play shuttle if I'm already there.

that sounds fun!! not sure yet if i'll arrive in Ames (that is where i'm picking you up, right tony?) wednesday night to spend the night, or fly in thursday morning. we'll see........

Hmmmm Ames doesn't seem to be exactly on the way to Gaston's if you are coming from va.....

Tony better give you a BIG batch of cookies :)

Hmmmm Ames doesn't seem to be exactly on the way to Gaston's if you are coming from va.....

Tony better give you a BIG batch of cookies :)

what i won't do for some home-baked cookies :p

that sounds fun!! not sure yet if i'll arrive in Ames (that is where i'm picking you up, right tony?) wednesday night to spend the night, or fly in thursday morning. we'll see........

yea ill be in Ames. If you come early enough on Wedensday maybe ill be able to find a towpilot and we could do some gliding?

yea ill be in Ames. If you come early enough on Wedensday maybe ill be able to find a towpilot and we could do some gliding?

well, now, that's something to seriously think about. :yes:

what i won't do for some home-baked cookies :p

Geez, what would you do for some wine, then? I'd sure like a ride in a Trinidad... :yes:

That's good, because, truth-be-told, their house wine is pretty awful!:hairraise::yes:

Uh oh, wait, you're expecting me to bring GOOD wine?! :hairraise:

Well, I'll bring what I'll bring, and hopefully it won't be considered too terrible. :) :fcross:

I'll take a ride in anything. :yes:

I second that, I'll take a ride in anything, too! :yes:

You are, of course, always welcome to a ride in the Archer (as is anyone else who wants one). :)

Uh oh, wait, you're expecting me to bring GOOD wine?! :hairraise:

Well, I'll bring what I'll bring, and hopefully it won't be considered too terrible. :) :fcross:
Just palatable. I was planning to bring wine, but there seem to be a few calls for "Prell-o-ritas", so maybe I'll bring those instead.

Just palatable. I was planning to bring wine, but there seem to be a few calls for "Prell-o-ritas", so maybe I'll bring those instead.

Grant, we want to try these famous ritas of yours! Let us know some of the ingredients you use, and we'll bring some.

Grant, we want to try these famous ritas of yours! Let us know some of the ingredients you use, and we'll bring some.
Bags of limes (I'll bring the electric juicer).
Good resposado tequila, e.g. Patron (or or your favorite sipping tequila)
Grand Marnier
Triple sec
orange juice (not from concentrate)

Recipe is:
2 parts tequila, 1 part triple sec, 1 part Grand Marnier, 2 parts lime juice, 1 part orange juice, with a little syrup to smooth it out. Serve on the rocks with a little salt and a lime wedge. (Normally it would be in a salt-rimmed glass, but it doesn't stick well to the plastic cups.)

Bags of limes (I'll bring the electric juicer).
Good resposado tequila, e.g. Patron (or or your favorite sipping tequila)
Grand Marnier
Triple sec
orange juice (not from concentrate)

Recipe is:
2 parts tequila, 1 part triple sec, 1 part Grand Marnier, 2 parts lime juice, 1 part orange juice, with a little syrup to smooth it out. Serve on the rocks with a little salt and a lime wedge. (Normally it would be in a salt-rimmed glass, but it doesn't stick well to the plastic cups.)

Awesome! Will do! What kind of "syrup"?

Back