Rides at Gaston's

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Since we don't have a place on the web site for begging rides at Gaston's, I would like to be on the list for a ride in the Trinidad with Kaye and a ride in the Bird Dog with Kim. If Tony can spare some time I hope he will fly with me in the Citabria. :yes:

If Tony can spare some time I hope he will fly with me in the Citabria. :yes:

I said it last year but I really mean it this year, we WILL fly together! It will help that I plan to be there a couple more days than previously. as long as I fly it before Ibold we should be OK :D

Diana, I gave you a ride in the 182 last year. This year it'll be the 210. If W&B works out, I do expect a ride in the Citabria! :)

Diana, you will get that ride in the Trinnie! Ya just have to take some time off from giving rides in the Citabria.:rofl: I know....you give me a ride over to BPK, and then we'll go flying in the Trinnie.:D

Kaye (who's still working on permission to land on grass)

Diana, you will get that ride in the Trinnie! Ya just have to take some time off from giving rides in the Citabria.:rofl: I know....you give me a ride over to BPK, and then we'll go flying in the Trinnie.:D
Sounds like a good plan. :yes:

Kaye (who's still working on permission to land on grass)
So there's still hope? Is it the insurance company?

I said it last year but I really mean it this year, we WILL fly together! It will help that I plan to be there a couple more days than previously. as long as I fly it before Ibold we should be OK :D
No worries. Diana won't let me in it anymore.

So there's still hope? Is it the insurance company?

Nope, it's the owner. He blamed insurance at first.....until I read the policy. Last year, the plane had just come out of annual with a freshly dressed and balanced prop, and on the market. No way would he let it on grass. Time has passed, let's see what I can do.

No worries. Diana won't let me in it anymore.
:eek: Please promise me you'll go with me again! :yes: Hopefully this year we won't have anything to write about. :redface: The carburetor has been rebuilt, and the carb heat cable has been replaced.

Wait - how do I get Diana to beg me to fly with her in the Citabria?

Matthew

attend gastons for a few years and always say you are going to fly with her but never actually follow through. then make a couple suggestions that you'll try to come down to the farm and fly but it just never works out. then she'll beg you to fly with her :D

attend gastons for a few years and always say you are going to fly with her but never actually follow through. then make a couple suggestions that you'll try to come down to the farm and fly but it just never works out. then she'll beg you to fly with her :D
OK, now, that's funny! And true! :D

In my experience, if you express the desire to ride in Citabria-style, you'll be offered the ride!

I'd be happy to give rides in the G1000 C172. First preference would go to those that have not yet seen the G1000 in action (just to be "fair"), then to anybody else.

I have also noticed that if you wipe the bugs off of Diana's airplane, she's very nice to you. :yes:
That was really nice of you to do that Ken. :yes: It's not too often that anyone offers to wipe the bugs off.

Ken likes the bugs, Diana.

Well If I make it down I could offer rides in the Mighty Archer :)

Pete

While we're on the subject, If it has wings you can feel free to ask me to ride with you.

I can also offer G1000 rides if you'd like to play with all the little buttons (it's something that I always want to do..but then remember that I have to look outside and fly the plane.)

With any luck, I'll be able to give rides in the Bonanza with the new EFD1000 PFD. We're one of the first to get it, so I just hope it won't break on the way :)

-Felix

I'd like to give limited rides in the 201, kind of a "pay it forward" moment, as many have given me rides in the past.

With any luck, I'll be able to give rides in the Bonanza with the new EFD1000 PFD. We're one of the first to get it, so I just hope it won't break on the way :)
-Felix
I am very interested in seeing this new device (to determine if it'll fit in the Mooney :D). At least spare me some time to give it a good going over on the ground! BTW, which version have you ordered?

If I actually make it down this year, I'll offer rides in the RV. Sorry to say, no G1000 or even the G900. Just an old school needled' CDI, with an outdated Dynon D-10 (it's not even the D-10A!!). If anyone is willing to fly in an old outdated airplane after drooling over the G1000's, I'll be sitting in the shade sipping sweet tea. (or waiting in line for a ride with Diana in the Citabria, of course) ;)

Last edited:
I could take 41E and show off an actual functional ADF :rofl:.

Pete

I'll offer rides in the Lance if anyone really wants to go fly the most boringly capable single around. Useful, but far from exciting.

-Felix

Oh, THAT I want to see! You're getting the Evolution!? COOL. :yes:

I'll offer rides in the Lance if anyone really wants to go fly the most boringly capable single around. Useful, but far from exciting.

Sign me up. I aspire to, some day, be "boringly capable"!

I am very interested in seeing this new device (to determine if it'll fit in the Mooney :D). At least spare me some time to give it a good going over on the ground! BTW, which version have you ordered?
The 'Pro' version. From what I understand, it's all the same hardware, so one can upgrade to the ATP or change over to an MFD with just a simple software update.

Oh, THAT I want to see! You're getting the Evolution!? COOL. :yes:
Yep. It was either that or a new HSI (the old one is getting a bit too old), and the Evolution ended up being cheaper than a nice EHSI...

-Felix

Last edited:
If I make it, I would love a ride from anyone who'll take me. If I fly myself, I'll take anyone for a ride in the "boringly capable" c172 I bring with me.

I, too, wanna Citabria ride and would be more than happy to offer straight tail rides...

and, no, guys, don't get too excited 'cause I'm not offering forth my wife here. That's not the straight tail I'm referring too although that one is pretty straight too!

:D

:yes:

Back