Richard, Diana....Cali Trip

Sorry Michael - after the invite in the chat room, I was informed that I will be working Mandatory OT on Sunday. Alas, I cannot go. Thanks for the invite tho! Sounds like y'all are gonna have a blast!

NickDBrennan said:
Sorry Michael - after the invite in the chat room, I was informed that I will be working Mandatory OT on Sunday. Alas, I cannot go. Thanks for the invite tho! Sounds like y'all are gonna have a blast!
Nick, sorry you can't come.

I'm a little confused though; isn't it Saturday that we're going? I no longer know where we're going, but am OK with that and trust Michael (plus I will have extra food, water and that survival kit.)

Besides, even Buttonwillow was fun. ;)

Diana said:
Nick, sorry you can't come.

I'm a little confused though; isn't it Saturday that we're going? I no longer know where we're going, but am OK with that and trust Michael (plus I will have extra food, water and that survival kit.)

Besides, even Buttonwillow was fun. ;)

LOL, I think i still have that survival guide you gave me last year Diana...with my 2004 Airport Directory. Saturday is the day. Nick and I were talking about dates along time ago before we made other plans.

Here is the schedule I have so far...
10am Lancaster pick up Diana,
11:30 PRB pick up Richard
1:00 WVI meet Air Baker for Lunch
2:30 spin training with richard acting as PIC
4:00 released from hospital, fetch cab back to Lancaster

thats all I have so far.

Michael said:
LOL, I think i still have that survival guide you gave me last year Diana...with my 2004 Airport Directory. Saturday is the day. Nick and I were talking about dates along time ago before we made other plans.

thats all I have so far.

Dang, that was close. I had just swallowed my V-8 before reading that. Michael, you wuss, Diana is an RN, you don't need no hospital. Field splints are just fine.

Sure is funny though. You gonna' let us eat in the Mooney? I got some smoked Salmon.

Michael said:
LOL, I think i still have that survival guide you gave me last year Diana...with my 2004 Airport Directory.
Michael do I need to pick up the 2005 version? LOL!
Michael said:
Now, if I just knew where WVI was. Oh, never mind it doesn't matter. :)
Michael said:
:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise:
Michael said:
thats all I have so far.
Sounds like a busy, funfilled day. :D

Richard said:
You gonna' let us eat in the Mooney? I got some smoked Salmon.

Not fish..no way..
That reminds me of a funny story, Along time ago I was working for a company that had a company car that the salesmen used durring the week, well i borrowed it and took it to lake mead to do some fishing. I forgot about the bag of anchoves in the back seat and they baked for a full day in 100+ temps. The ride home was hell. They could never get the smell out of the car, all of the sales guys refused to drive it, they all gave me dirty looks..i think i ended up quitting soon after. i would drive by the shop all the time and see the car just sitting in the lot with the windows rolled down. I dont think anyone ever drove that car again.

Last edited:
Richard said:
Michael, you wuss, Diana is an RN, you don't need no hospital. Field splints are just fine.
Note to self: bring ace wraps, sterile dressings, etc.

Michael said:
Saturday is the day. Nick and I were talking about dates along time ago before we made other plans.

*sniff* I hadn't realized I'd been written out of the plan....*sniff*

Just kidding tho. Have fun, and fly safe!! You gonna spin train in the Mooney?

Michael said:
Not fish..no way..
That reminds me of a funny story, Along time ago I was working for a company that had a company car that the salesmen used durring the week, well i borrowed it and took it to lake mead to do some fishing. I forgot about the bag of anchoves in the back seat and they baked for a full day in 100+ temps. The ride home was hell. They could never get the smell out of the car, all of the sales guys refused to drive it, they all gave me dirty looks..i think i ended up quitting soon after. i would drive by the shop all the time and see the car just sitting in the lot with the windows rolled down. I dont think anyone ever drove that car again.

Just liberally splash milk on the carpet and let dry in the sun with the windows rolled up good and tight. Thereafter, you'll never smell the fish odor again.

Diana, you make sure to bring your digital camera and/or camcorder. I have some sights to show you. I'm thinking we could fly west out of PRB to the ocean and follow the coast up to WVI. The whales are migrating now and the geography will knock your socks off.

What are the plans for Sat night?

Richard said:
Diana, you make sure to bring your digital camera and/or camcorder. I have some sights to show you. I'm thinking we could fly west out of PRB to the ocean and follow the coast up to WVI. The whales are migrating now and the geography will knock your socks off.
OK!!!!!! Cool!
Richard said:
What are the plans for Sat night?
My son will expect me to be home by midnight. I hate it when I get grounded for getting home late.

Funny story. Last time I went flying with Michael in CA. My son sure looked at me funny when I told him I was going flying with a guy I "met on the internet." It's a good thing he trusts my judgment. :)

NickDBrennan said:
Nick, how in tarnation does Comcast know when you have somethng fun planned? IIRC, this is the 2nd time in a short while. You need to quit marking fun on your calendar at work.

Richard said:
Nick, how in tarnation does Comcast know when you have somethng fun planned? IIRC, this is the 2nd time in a short while. You need to quit marking fun on your calendar at work.

I dunno Richard. Probably has something to do with the fact that they give out Mandatory Overtime like a fat kid eats chocolate. Just happen to coincide with stuff I'd like to do away from work. Fun FUn.

NickDBrennan said:
I dunno Richard. Probably has something to do with the fact that they give out Mandatory Overtime like a fat kid eats chocolate. Just happen to coincide with stuff I'd like to do away from work. Fun FUn.

Then just resign yourself to the fact that good times don't last. Enjoy it while you can. You are expendable, a commodity, and all that rot. Meanwhile, take what you can.

Hey... The marine layer has been thick here. Don't forget to bring your approach plates!

Back