Richard, Diana....Cali Trip

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
The heck with the money, Im game for going somewhere this weekend. You guys make any plans yet?

Michael

Michael said:
The heck with the money, Im game for going somewhere this weekend. You guys make any plans yet?
OH, I just saw this after sending you a PM. :)

I'm up for anything! Glider ride is scheduled for Sunday afternoon. :goofy:

California??? When are we going.

I'll beat you all to San Jose! :)

Michael said:

Michael

The heck with the money is right. I'm so broke right now I can't afford to pay attention. But I'm still up for a trip. My sis in PHX is camping in San Diego for a 3 day vaca to watch my brother in a 5 mile rough water swim in Mission Bay. She wants me to keep her company. She has 3 sites reserved right on the water. Y'all feel like doing some urban camping in sunny, watery San Diego? Jet skis, anyone?

Because of what turned out to be a very long recovery from eye surgery and because we last week returned from a fabulous (read expensive) 10 day vacation I said from the start I wasn't going down for my bro's swim. But the wife is on 3 week holiday in France and I'm in between projects. No PIC for me yet but I am so up for a trip.

Diana, I haven't heard from you so I don't know when to sched to meet y'all. I do know my sched will pick up in a week or so.

AirBaker said:
California??? When are we going.

I'll beat you all to San Jose! :)
Where is San Jose? Is it close to Palmdale/Lancaster? Or PRB?

Come join us! I don't know where yet, but I'm up for a party of pilots!

Diana said:
OH, I just saw this after sending you a PM. :)

I'm up for anything! Glider ride is scheduled for Sunday afternoon. :goofy:

Are you getting the rating? What is the rest of your schedule like? How long you staying?

Richard said:
The heck with the money is right. I'm so broke right now I can't afford to pay attention.
I love that saying! Can I borrow it sometime?
Richard said:
Diana, I haven't heard from you so I don't know when to sched to meet y'all. I do know my sched will pick up in a week or so.
I was waiting to see what Michael could work out.

Here are my plans so far. Leaving tomorrow for 7 days at Lancaster. I have the Citabria booked on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 to 10:00 for spin/acro training. My son and I booked glider rides on Sunday at Tehachapi starting at 1:30. If you want, and there are openings, you guys could book rides, too.

Saturday after the Citabria lesson I'm free the rest of the day. I don't have any way to get to PRB unless Michael gives me a ride. :)

How about Saturday 10ish I pick up Diana, head towards PRB, pick up Richard, then head up north? What are your plans Baker?

Richard said:
Are you getting the rating?
This will be my second ride in a glider. There is an incredible instructor there that I just loved to fly with last year. I might turn this into a second lesson. Here's a few pictures from last year at Tehachapi.

Michael said:
How about Saturday 10ish I pick up Diana, head towards PRB, pick up Richard, then head up north? What are your plans Baker?
Sounds great!!!! I'm in. :goofy:

Diana said:
This will be my second ride in a glider. There is an incredible instructor there that I just loved to fly with last year. I might turn this into a second lesson. Here's a few pictures from last year at Tehachapi.

You should definately turn it into a lesson! You're logging your time, right? Gliders are a blast! You know, you could launch from Tehachapi and ride the ridges all the way to IZA and get a tow back out. Solvang town is just a couple miles from the aprt.

Michael said:

I like it! Maybe Phil Corman or others will jump in too.

Baker is squawking 7600.

Diana said:

"Do you know the way to San Jose? I've been away so long."

It took me 3 hours, a couple of weeks ago, to go from the LA basin
to the San Jose area. I was in a 172 with a 15-20 knot head wind.
San Jose is in the San Francisco Bay area.

greg

river_rat said:

It took me 3 hours, a couple of weeks ago, to go from the LA basin
to the San Jose area. I was in a 172 with a 15-20 knot head wind.

greg

But we will be in a mooney with a tail wind. 1 hour tops :)

river_rat said:
I'm definitely bringing my Garmin 296. :)

river_rat said:
Oh, cool, I've never been there before! You coming, too?

Michael said:

I know how cross country trips are with Michael. I'm bringing extra food, water and survival gear. ;)

Diana said:
I know how cross country trips are with Michael. I'm bringing extra food, water and survival gear. ;)
Hey now! you dont see a picture of my plane on its back now do you? :D

Michael said:

Yeah, that 172 seems to attract head winds. I had a stronger head wind
coming home 5 days later. It took 3.5 hours to get home. :mad:

greg

Diana said:
I'm definitely bringing my Garmin 296. :)

Oh, cool, I've never been there before! You coming, too?

I would love to join you guys but I can't make it this weekend.

greg

Diana said:

Aint it the truth! Not only that but consider that the only IMC on the entire coast will most likely be a small patch centered on Michael's Mooney.

Richard said:
Aint it the truth! Not only that but consider that the only IMC on the entire coast will most likely be a small patch centered on Michael's Mooney.

Thats for sure, you can count on it. I should start charging IFR students that need actual time to ride along with me everywhere i go.

Diana said:

PRB is about 45 mins away for me. Is there a destination picked yet? I've got a Wedding to go to on Saturday night, but I"m always up for a fly-in somewhere.

I've got a round trip flight RHV 2 PSP on both Friday AM and Sunday. Dropping the Fiancee off for her bachelorette party.

Richard said:
I like it! Maybe Phil Corman or others will jump in too.

Baker is squawking 7600.

I'm here... Crazy day at work.

Last edited:
AirBaker said:
PRB is about 45 mins away for me. Is there a destination picked yet? I've got a Wedding to go to on Saturday night, but I"m always up for a fly-in somewhere.

I've got a round trip flight RHV 2 PSP on both Friday AM and Sunday. Dropping the Fiancee off for her bachelorette party.

I'm here... Crazy day at work.
well was thinking of taking richard up somewhere...how does monterey sound for maybe a lunch gathering?

AirBaker said:
Is there a destination picked yet?
Well, now I'm thinking PSP.

AirBaker said:
Dropping the Fiancee off for her bachelorette party.

What age group, how many, what hotel/room, when? Can't forget food, what kind of food and how much?

While Michael and I catch the 'show' you can take a few laps in the patt, how's that sound?:D

Richard said:
While Michael and I catch the 'show' you can take a few laps in the patt, how's that sound?:D
Hey!!! What about me!!! Don't forget I'm coming too!

Richard said:
Well, now I'm thinking PSP.

What age group, how many, what hotel/room, when? Can't forget food, what kind of food and how much?

I knew I never should have mentioned "Women", "Bachelorette Party", and the location to this group... :)

Diana said:
Hey!!! What about me!!! Don't forget I'm coming too!
I couldn't forget about you, I just thought you wouldn't want to be stuffing your face while looking at wimmin. I apologize for being presumptuous.

Michael said:
well was thinking of taking richard up somewhere...how does monterey sound for maybe a lunch gathering?

Watsonville has a good Mexican restaurant on the field...

AirBaker said:
Watsonville has a good Mexican restaurant on the field...

Sounds like a plan to me if its ok with Diana and Richard...BTW..where is Watsonville? anywhere near buttonwillow?

Michael said:
Sounds like a plan to me if its ok with Diana and Richard...BTW..where is Watsonville? anywhere near buttonwillow?

You're cracking me up. Buttonwillow, indeed. My goodness, there is a joke in there somewhere.

FYI; Buttonwillow is the armpit of CA. Gotta' drive through there on occassion to pick up I-5 but man, oh man, what a place.

Punch in KWVI on AirNav. It's 10 minutes north of MRY near the ocean. I got a CFI buddy up there, maybe we can talk him into some spin training after lunch.:p

What about Sat night? Mebbe Baker will let us camp in his hanger. My home is open, a 40 minute drive west of PRB.

Richard said:
I couldn't forget about you, I just thought you wouldn't want to be stuffing your face while looking at wimmin. I apologize for being presumptuous.
Oh, OK. ;)

Maybe I'll just go flying while you guys are doin' that. :yes:

Richard said:
What about Sat night? Mebbe Baker will let us camp in his hanger. My home is open, a 40 minute drive west of PRB.

Hangar is all yours for the camping. It's at RHV though. Just another 10 minutes past WVI... :)

Saturday night I'll most likely be staying at a place about 4 miles from WVI. Otherwise Sat/Sunday day I'm good for flying!

Depending on timing and my schedule for the weekend, I'd be glad to show people around the area, host a BBQ or something.

AirBaker said:
Depending on timing and my schedule for the weekend, I'd be glad to show people around the area, host a BBQ or something.

Depending on timing and your schedule, couldn't you just leave the key under the mat? How much the security deposit?

Back