Ric Ocasek, dead at 75.

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...es-75-natural-causes-Manhattan-townhouse.html

The lead singer of The Cars has died at the age of 75 after being found 'unconscious and unresponsive' in his Manhattan townhouse.

Ric Ocasek was discovered by estranged wife Paulina Porizkova at around 4.14pm inside his Gramercy Park home in New York, Page Six reported.

The frontman was pronounced dead at the scene and appeared to have died from natural causes.

An NYPD spokesperson told DailyMail.com that Ocasek was 75 years old at the time he died, other reports have suggested he was 70.

Ocasek and band The Cars were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April last year.

They were described as 'hook-savvy with the perfect combo of new wave and classic rock,' by the institution.

RIP. Loved him and The Cars.

:( listened to them just last week, have
Just What I Needed
CandyO
Tonight She Comes
on my active playlist.
Thanks, Ric.

I really liked The Cars. Ben Orr died a while back. A lot of people didn't recognize that it was his voice on many of their hits.

Loved the Cars. 75 is actually pretty young to just drop dead. Hope whatever killed him was at least fun. I suspect we're going to be loosing a lot of these guys form now on. They're all getting old, and they all lived hard lives.

Sounds like Eddie Money dropped him a line...

Party at my new place! You coming?

I saw him in the Admirals Club at Narita a couple of years ago. He was there with his boys and his wife heading back to the US. I had no idea he was that old. Thought he was only a couple of years older than me instead of a couple of decades.

I just finished listening to the Cars (first album). I have it on my phone and it's the first time in a long time I've listened to it all the way through. There is a lot of good music on that album. I was in high school when it came out and I remember a lot of local cover bands picking up on it.

The_Cars_-_The_Cars.jpg

Loved the Cars. 75 is actually pretty young to just drop dead. Hope whatever killed him was at least fun. I suspect we're going to be loosing a lot of these guys form now on. They're all getting old, and they all lived hard lives.

While we think that everyone is going to live to be 80 nowadays, it's just not the case. My father was felled by a heart attack at age 63.

Back