Revised Skywriting on FLightaware

scarcherpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scarcherpilot
As I said before, I use foreflight, and just create a route with my image, then fly it (with ADS-B, of course). Remember that you won't show up at low altitude, so plan for your climb out and descent as areas you can re-fly. Easy-peazy.

Smoke on! (If you’re not flying these whilst inverted then what’s the point?)

Most of these are fake. No body outside of maybe Neil Armstrong could hold that steady for that long for those many curves.

The joyful words are nice for the holiday season, but wasn't drawing a penis mandatory?

Most of these are fake. No body outside of maybe Neil Armstrong could hold that steady for that long for those many curves.

The joyful words are nice for the holiday season, but wasn't drawing a penis mandatory?
I'm often told mine are fake (they're not...I do them just for my own enjoyment or just to prove to myself that I can)...its actually REALLY easy to hold that steady for that long, or to make the curves. Remember that ADS-B kind-of "rounds out" the minor errors, so it usually helps with the drawing.
Look at one of your own tracks on a flight from point A to point B...often ADS-B shows a dead-straight line, when in actuality, you've varied your course a bit here and there.

How would one go about faking it on FlightAware?

I find it strange, if not also juvenile, that if love, hope, and other inoffensive words and drawings are available to use as examples for OP's question on how to do it, that posting what was initially posted was even felt necessary. It calls into question the real motivations behind that post. Just an opinion.

I find it strange, if not also juvenile, that if love, hope, and other inoffensive words and drawings are available to use as examples for OP's question on how to do it, that posting what was initially posted was even felt necessary. It calls into question the real motivations behind that post. Just an opinion.
I'm calling into question your real motivations by making a post questioning the real motivations of his post.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing, I don't think it can be faked...I was even thinking "why would someone go about faking it on FlightAware"?
I suspect it can't be faked in FlightAware, but an image of a faked FlightAware screen wouldn't be hard. So the picture of the desired track could be posted, but searching in FlightAware would reveal the flight didn't exist.

I saw it on the news and posted it before I had thought to look up a cleaner example online...admittedly my bad. My apologies to any safe spacers or snowflakes out there but it really was a sincere how to question. :)

Last edited:
I would have a problem drawing that....with all the refeuling i would have to do. But I like that it has a lot of straight lines which are easy.

I once did a couple of turns around a point with a hold in the middle... the FlightAware track was.... inappropriate.

In theory, you could fake it by transmitting fake ADS-B out signals near a FlightAware ADS-B in listener. Your signal generator would transmit data packets with gps coordinates consistent with an aircraft actually flying the design.

What I’m not sure about is whether the FlightAware feeds are smart enough to detect that, such as using multilateration.

Either way, it seems like a lot of effort to do something illegal for no real benefit other than showing off online.

In theory, you could fake it by transmitting fake ADS-B out signals near a FlightAware ADS-B in listener. Your signal generator would transmit data packets with gps coordinates consistent with an aircraft actually flying the design.

What I’m not sure about is whether the FlightAware feeds are smart enough to detect that, such as using multilateration.

Either way, it seems like a lot of effort to do something illegal for no real benefit other than showing off online.
Would it be good enough to generate an alibi?

photoshop, people, c'mon.......can be easily faked. not saying it IS fake, just saying a 6 year old could prob do it.

In theory, you could fake it by transmitting fake ADS-B out signals near a FlightAware ADS-B in listener.

That's going to create an FAA/FCC problem for anyone that does it far worse than stupid social media outrage. I'd keep that idea theoretical. o_O

Showing off online is like an actual Hobby. And it’s a vocation to some. You may be called as a witness someday. But Your Honor, Brad Z gave me the idea and told me how to do it.:goofy:

Showing off online is like an actual Hobby. And it’s a vocation to some. You may be called as a witness someday. But Your Honor, Brad Z gave me the idea and told me how to do it.:goofy:
I can assure you it wasn't my original idea.

For posting here? Yes. For Flighaware? Nope.

of course. from what you posted, they are, or may be, just screenshots, they are not links to flightaware. I can easily make something that looks identical to those using photoshop, that's all I'm saying.

I just went out and flew this on my lunch break

View attachment 101965

clearly it's real because it says flightaware in the bottom right corner! and they say you can't get clearance into the atl bravo......

Looks like you likely upset KRYY, KMGE, KPDK and KLZU towers though LOL. PDK can be especially sensitive even when you are outside their airspace.

I just went out and flew this on my lunch break

View attachment 101965

clearly it's real because it says flightaware in the bottom right corner! and they say you can't get clearance into the atl bravo......
Sure, but not everyone has a flightaware account that can look back at aircraft history flights. To those that do, great....Look at N23508 for example...(snowflake warning, you will be triggered).

Sure, but not everyone has a flightaware account that can look back at aircraft history flights. To those that do, great....Look at N23508 for example...(snowflake warning, you will be triggered).

I do find it interesting that the half dozen flights before the ‘special’ one were just kinda lame flights to nowhere, not even following a straight line, then a perfectly crafted, finely scripted message. Just seems like opposite ends of the spectrum to me. But good work anyways!

I do find it interesting that the half dozen flights before the ‘special’ one were just kinda lame flights to nowhere, not even following a straight line, then a perfectly crafted, finely scripted message. Just seems like opposite ends of the spectrum to me. But good work anyways!
Could be a rental, with different pilots, IDK.

If you have the flightaware account, look at N3602W 10/23/2020 flight...its well done.
Also N4161J 7/12/2020....and wasn't there a post here about a member sky writing a message to a certain Michigan governor?

Last edited:
Actually, I found another one by N23508...he's an artist for sure. 1/25/2020...another snowflake warning!

Back