returning to the skies again

Myfpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Myfpilot
Hi All! I'm looking for some suggestions/advice on how to return to flying and hope to get some good suggestions from fellow aviators. Due to work obligations, wedding planning etc... I've had to (sigh...) take a 4 year break from flying. Now, things are getting to the point where I can finally return to the skies in perhaps 6 months.
I currently hold: Commercial, IFR, Multi certificates which are certainly not current LOL. Medical is in process of being renewed. But we all know that is never a quick process.
My interest in doing this over a period of about 6 months is to ensure I am not reviewing old materials and procedures. Minus buying the current FAR/AIM and sectional charts for study, what suggestions, updates, ideas etc.. do you have that can help aide me or other pilots in similar positions.
Thank you all for your help!

PS: I am located in San Diego, and former member of PlusOne. I am open to any school or club at MYF. SEE and CRQ are options, too.

Set up a BFR with an instructor,before the flight,and ground segment ,talk to the instructor and ask him what you should study up on before the date.

Instead of a BFR you should just do a flight review.

Back