Restroom Cleaning (Nested rant thread)

Not quite sure what's being ranted about here (restroom cleaning in Oakland CA?) but I'll share a recent experience:

Spent a month traveling in Argentina (BA and various locations in Patagonia). There was clearly a different standard in restroom cleanliness. From the oiliest gas station to the smallest downtown restaurant to the largest luxe hotel to busy airport facilities, all public restrooms were cleaner than anything I would normally expect in the states... or anywhere else for that matter. Why? I can only guess and observe. Cleaning was performed regularly and frequently. People did not seem to abuse restrooms quite the way we do here. Otherwise I just don't get it but it was quite nice!

If this had something to do with Koreans, Vietnamese, Italians, the French, Indonesians, Latinas, Asians, or not getting laid in general, please excuse the interuption.

No, the rant was about the inefficiency of needlessly contracting out a single, menial operation.

Pic has been photoshopped...

Look close...

All air conditioners are mounted at the bottom of each room, on each floor...

Top floor is a open area, with NO roof..:no: maybe a pool deck ?:dunno::dunno::dunno:

It had 2 air conditioners on it...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

On second thought.... AC's might by positions on the ceiling of each room...

They are positioned at the ceilings and it's a pretty typical setup. Most hotel and commercial buildings will have a flat roof that may be outdoor floor space. Most homes (standard 4 x 8 m multiple story buildings) will have the same setup. The ground level will be some sort of enclosed open area and maybe even a shop or a restaurant, the upper levels living quarters, and the top level an open entertainment area if it isn't roofed.

Back