ResMed Mini

Jdm

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jdm
Questions for those using a ResMed mini please...
-First of all, why is this thing so freaking loud??? The machine itself is whisper quiet but the airflow noise at the mask is off the chart! I’m using a P10 mask. I’ve tried the special air mini P10 mask with and without a HumidX cartridge. I’ve also tried a ZephAir adapter along with slimline tubing and a standard P10 mask. Regardless, the noise is still incredibly loud. I’ve even tried an old N20 mask just for comparison. All are unbearably loud at the mask overboard vent. It’s absolutely no comparison to the Airsense 10 home machine. Crazy thing is as mentioned, the machine itself is perfectly silent. It’s as if the machine doesn’t relax the airflow when exhaling. Airflow is just hauling nonstop through the mask’s overboard vent.
I’ve tried toggling on and off the pressure relief switch via the app control. Can’t tell any difference whatsoever with this switch in either position.

2nd question is how do I retrieve my sleep data from the app. It says that it’s saving it to a cloud but I can’t seem to access it to print my report.

I know there’s a number of mini lovers here. Hopefully I can figure out how to become one. Especially being this unit isn’t returnable!

@Jdm You might get a better response, if you post your questions on the apneaboard.com forums.

Didn’t know there was such a thing. Thank you!

Here’s a follow up. It looks like I’ve solved half my problems. In talking with a lady at the cpap site we figured out that the machine was sent to me with an improper setting in the clinical section. The setting has to do with EPR being on during “ramp up” or “continuous”. This alone solved the majority of my noise complaints. Also my pressure setting is an 8 - 20. An 8 on this Mini feels incredibly more powerful than an 8 on my home unit. So we dropped it down a bit. Not in accordance with my prescription, but now the Mini feels closer to the setting of my home unit. I’m pleased now with the performance of the machine.
I still have one unanswered question in regards to noise. Does anyone know why the same mask used with my home unit is louder when used with the Mini? It’s definitely within my acceptable range now but it’s baffling why a mask’s exhaust would sound different from one machine to another.

My 2nd and perhaps largest problem is data collection. I need to be able to get a report from ResMed to send to the FAA, sleep doctor, and AME. The doctors I use can’t access this information. My sleep doctor recommended contacting a local cpap provider to see if I can pay them to access my data. Crazy. No luck with this yet! Would really like to know how others are submitting data from this AirMini machine.

Thanks!

Problem solved. Cpap.com is where I purchased the machine. Unlike many of the online retailers they absolutely do not get involved with data services. Luckily my sleep doc referred me to a DME in his building. I brought the Mini into the office. They ran the machine’s data and found that it was never registered by cpap.com, which is a good thing. All he had to do was register me as the machine’s user and now I have an account that’s managed by this DME provider. They were then able to pull my data without any problems. This DME doesn’t even charge to give a printout. I’m surprised and pleased!

-Anyone purchasing an Air Mini be advised. To retrieve your history for the FAA you will have to go through a designated medical facility who also has access to ResMed’s software. They will need to register the machine, input your personal data, and become your designated medical official. Not a big deal if you know the process.

-Where to purchase. If you want a good price purchase online. A number of the discount retailers will also register the unit and offer data printouts or PDF emails for the FAA. I strongly recommend going through one of the many online retailers who also offers a free trial and refund policy. CPAP.com has excellent customer service and a great provider but they do not offer any trial or refund policy on machines.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back