Required to Display Registration.

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Just got my registration back from the FAA. I know I have to keep it in the plane but my question is does it have to be "displayed" or can I just keep it in the glove box or seat back? The Bo didn't come with one of those clear plastic holders affixed to the back wall of the cabin.

Airworthiness certificate must be visible per 91.203(b)

91.203b said:
No person may operate a civil aircraft unless the airworthiness certificate required by paragraph (a) of this section or a special flight authorization issued under § 91.715 is displayed at the cabin or cockpit entrance so that it is legible to passengers or crew.

The registration does not have to be visible. That said most people put it in the same place as the airworthiness certificate (behind it) in whatever pocket it's in.

You can buy one at Autozone.

And yes, it must be displayed.

It has to be conspicuously visible to the occupants.

Taping a sleeve by the footwells works, or Lexaning it and mounting it on a shelf.

Please point me to the regulation which states the registration must be visible. The airworthiness certificate is supposed to be the visible one. Most planes have the registration behind the airworthiness certificate in whatever pocket therefore the registration is rarely visible and doesn't need to be.

Thanks guys. I'll have to rig something up until I can buy one of those clear sleeves.

Just got my registration back from the FAA. I know I have to keep it in the plane but my question is does it have to be "displayed" or can I just keep it in the glove box or seat back? The Bo didn't come with one of those clear plastic holders affixed to the back wall of the cabin.

The registration must be "in" the aircraft. The airworthiness certificate must be displayed.

EDIT: Jesse is faster than I am. :yesnod:

Last edited:
Please point me to the regulation which states the registration must be visible. The airworthiness certificate is supposed to be the visible one. Most planes have the registration behind the airworthiness certificate in whatever pocket therefore the registration is rarely visible and doesn't need to be.

Yep, I glanced at the first post and thought we were talking AW certificate.

So... Where is the AW cert currently displayed in the Bo? ;-)

I finally found the plastic holder in my V35 back in the luggage compartment. I had to crawl in through the cargo door and it was on the far wall, to the left, kind of high. It had a double pocket so I could display the airworthiness cert (already there) and the registration. You can see it from the outside, but it is in a weird place.

Thanks guys. I'll have to rig something up until I can buy one of those clear sleeves.

I picked up the cheapest plastic folder (letter size envelope) at the local big box office supply. I always keep rolls of velcro around. 2 small pieces of velcro, and the plastic folder is stuck to the bulkhead of the baggage area.

The exact language from 14 CFR 91.203 is the Airworthiness Certificate must be "displayed at the cabin or cockpit entrance so that it is legible to passengers or crew" but the Registration Certificate need only be "within [the aircraft]" with no requirement to be displayed. So, if you get one of those holders, you put the AW in front of the Reg so the AW is visible but the Reg is still "within" the aircraft.

Last edited:
R&W is confusing the Registration and Airworthiness Certificates. The Airworthiness Certificate must be "displayed at the cabin or cockpit entrance so that it is legible to passengers or crew." The Registration Certificate need only be "within [the aircraft]" with no requirement to be displayed. See 14 CFR 91.203 for details.

See post #9. :nonod: :rolleyes:

The exact language from 14 CFR 91.203 is the Airworthiness Certificate must be "displayed at the cabin or cockpit entrance so that it is legible to passengers or crew" but the Registration Certificate need only be "within [the aircraft]" with no requirement to be displayed. So, if you get one of those holders, you put the AW in front of the Reg so the AW is visible but the Reg is still "within" the aircraft.

Already asked and answered, Ron. Thanks for playing.

But I guess that's how you come up with 30,000 + posts on this board alone. ;)

More proof that a question is not REALLY answered until Rear Admiral Ron chimes in and provides the same answer but with 10X more words.

Windbag.

:D

Yep, I glanced at the first post and thought we were talking AW certificate.

You can't even read the first sentence, of the first post without getting it wrong? WTF.

You can't even read the first sentence, of the first post without getting it wrong? WTF.

I bet there are not many people who've never done that.

Guys, I got the answer thank you all very much, now if folks would kindly stop being so harsh on those that responded and just chill out. The acerbic comments are really not necessary. There is no need for the jabs. Thank you.

Guys, I got the answer thank you all very much, now if folks would kindly stop being so harsh on those that responded and just chill out. The acerbic comments are really not necessary. There is no need for the jabs. Thank you.
Thanks for saying that Adam.

By the way, did you ever look in the cargo area?

If you ever need a new sleeve, any auto upholstery shop can do a nice one for $25, just bring them the panel you want to put it on.

Thanks for saying that Adam.

By the way, did you ever look in the cargo area?

John, there is nothing that I saw. And if it were that far down in the baggage compartment you would only be able to see if it you boarded from the baggage door LOL.

I'll just get a plastic envelope from Staples or something and velcro it to the back wall of the cabin.

John, there is nothing that I saw. And if it were that far down in the baggage compartment you would only be able to see if it you boarded from the baggage door LOL.

I'll just get a plastic envelope from Staples or something and velcro it to the back wall of the cabin.

Just pull the Pax kick panel and have a nice one done.

Back