Replica Rolex Information Needed

Intime(is it you? The guy is called Ryan...) sells good quality replicas, but even their Subs are pretty darn far from originals when you know what to look for.

No, im just a buyer, not the intime Ryan.

I have a couple of descent watches (Rolex, Breitling, etc). Today I am wearing a Breitling just kicking around the house that I paid a $1000 for new in Nassau 20 years ago. I have dove it, worked on cars with it, built buildings with it on, no problems. I could polish it and sell it today for every bit of the amount I paid. I can't say that about much else in life. What are those fakes worth after 20 years of wear?

Rolexes hold their value really well, and some models have appreciated quite nicely over the years.

Then again - it is more valuable to you now, that you have built buildings with it on etc.

iFUslbi.jpg

The thing with a Rolex is, that it is a damn good watch as well.

Any old Invicta is the same quality, keeps MUCH better time and costs 98% less. Rolex is not a watch, it is highly marketed jewelry. You pay for the advertising, not the watch.

There are MANY Swiss movements that are higher quality, if all you're after is mechanical engineering.

Any old Invicta is the same quality, keeps MUCH better time and costs 98% less. Rolex is not a watch, it is highly marketed jewelry. You pay for the advertising, not the watch.

There are MANY Swiss movements that are higher quality, if all you're after is mechanical engineering.

You really have no clue what you are talking about :)

Could you tell me an example of a cheaper better quality Swiss movement, and explain exactly how?

Rolex 3x35 happily runs within COSC after 10 years, with 300+ amplitude and hardly any beat error. It is one of the most robust movements out there, and it is hard to imagine how to improve it.

Comparing it to Invicta. Oh Lord....

Could you trust the logbook entries of a man wearing a fake Rolex?

I bought the gold/black Submariner as a divorce present to myself.. Great looking watch - never wear it. But I would absolutely never wear a fake..

You're quite the champion of counterfeit goods huh?

I just compared an Invicta to a fake Rolex - both are worthless junk. I trade with modern and vintage Rolexes, the only reason why I am familiar with the replica scene is "know thy enemy".

Just buy a older real Rolex or Omega, they look cool and are the real deal, I've seen some for sale for not too much money.

I just compared an Invicta to a fake Rolex - both are worthless junk. I trade with modern and vintage Rolexes, the only reason why I am familiar with the replica scene is "know thy enemy".

Okay sorry then. Thought you knew a lot about them because you sold them.

Also what kind of party did you go to where you saw a bunch of folexes?

What this like a MLM or cell phone salesman party or something?

Not fake, but defintely a copy, and not a very good one at that.

Ba ha ha ha ha :rofl:

Yeah, that's why they hold their value MUCH better.

Speaking of value, buying a used Rolex, Omegs etc isn't a bad idea, normally they hold their value REALLY well, heck might even curb inflation.

I've been wearing a O&W Mirage III on a G10 strap for about 5 years now, it's a Swiss crono with the Valjoux 7750, great watch and it's timed thousands of hours in my logbook.

Though I've debated it, if I ever were to get a new watch, it would be the Omega Speedmaster Professional "moon watch" with the heralite crystal, it's not a automatic like my O&W, however I always thought they were the coolest watch out there. Bout $3k.

image.jpg

Last edited:
The other thing about real watches is they use quality materials and that adds value over time. I have gained value on my submariner because of the price of gold. My wife has a presidential and a Cartier tank in gold that have also followed suit. None of them are rare or especially collectable though.

Now if we're talking double red sea dweller or Paul Newman Daytona, that's a whole different league.

The other thing about real watches is they use quality materials and that adds value over time.
Wow, my whole life has been wasted by relying on time from an 'unreal' watch. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
and his cool Timex wit' the velcro strap

Could you trust the logbook entries of a man wearing a fake Rolex?

I would be more worried if the man making the log book entries was wearing a real Rolex, I would be looking over the bill real carefully, to make sure I was not paying for the Rolex.

Wow, my whole life has been wasted by relying on time from an 'unreal' watch. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
and his cool Timex wit' the velcro strap

No need to be snarky, I wasn't suggesting that at all. I'm talking about fake Rolex's and the way they're built.

No need to be snarky, I wasn't suggesting that at all. I'm talking about fake Rolex's and the way they're built.
Wasn't intended to be snarky, but time is time. A $50 watch is a watch. A $XXXX+ watch (pick your cost >$200) is jewelry.

I see that Mickey's little hand is past the 4 and his big hand is approaching the 5 so I'll cut this short...;)

Nauga,
who is not a pretty man

I'm not planning on Bidding for Asia trips for awhile but when next I'm there I'll take some pics for you.

I remember some nice looking fakes in Thailand, automatics that looked really good, think they were about 100USD or so, of course I'm sure after owning one for a half a year or so, it would start to fall apart, paint would come off and the plating or whatever would start to wear.

I bought a Sea Dweller from a diver turned crackhead for $750. Not much for jewelry, but it was rated for 4000' and had a helium escape valve on it.

I bought a Sea Dweller from a diver turned crackhead for $750. Not much for jewelry, but it was rated for 4000' and had a helium escape valve on it.

Yea, I had a Submariner that I gave to my son about this time last year as a graduation present. Fortunately, for him, I had just had it serviced at Rolex NY, for about a million dollars.

Looks better on him! Anyway, I use my Seamaster Pro when I dive below 1000'!

Bet those come in handy. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
whose watch does not have a pedigree

It does if yo're a commercial saturation diver and live in an environment between 270 and 550 PSI that's 85-95% helium for a month at a time. If it wasn't there the watch would explode during the decompression cycle.

You really have no clue what you are talking about :)

Could you tell me an example of a cheaper better quality Swiss movement, and explain exactly how?

Rolex 3x35 happily runs within COSC after 10 years, with 300+ amplitude and hardly any beat error. It is one of the most robust movements out there, and it is hard to imagine how to improve it.

Comparing it to Invicta. Oh Lord....
The COSC Chronometer certification is not a particularly high standard of precision. -4/+6 seconds/day, or potentially 3 minutes a month. Many, many mechanical watches, Rolex and not, will handily beat that. Heck, a railroad pocketwatch has to be accurate within 30 seconds/week. Mechanical watches are expected to be reset periodically, so long-term accuracy is not overly critical.

Ba ha ha ha ha :rofl:

Yeah, that's why they hold their value MUCH better.

Speaking of value, buying a used Rolex, Omegs etc isn't a bad idea, normally they hold their value REALLY well, heck might even curb inflation.

I've been wearing a O&W Mirage III on a G10 strap for about 5 years now, it's a Swiss crono with the Valjoux 7750, great watch and it's timed thousands of hours in my logbook.

Though I've debated it, if I ever were to get a new watch, it would be the Omega Speedmaster Professional "moon watch" with the heralite crystal, it's not a automatic like my O&W, however I always thought they were the coolest watch out there. Bout $3k.

3570.50 is a classic, and you'll never lose your money on them. You can get a nice second hand-one with B&P for around 2300-2500.
It's one of the models I'll never sell - everyone needs one :)

They also make a model with display caseback and sapphire glass "Sapphire sandwich", ref 3573.50 if you feel hesalite is too easy to scratch.

The COSC Chronometer certification is not a particularly high standard of precision. -4/+6 seconds/day, or potentially 3 minutes a month. Many, many mechanical watches, Rolex and not, will handily beat that. Heck, a railroad pocketwatch has to be accurate within 30 seconds/week. Mechanical watches are expected to be reset periodically, so long-term accuracy is not overly critical.

Yes. But for a watch to keep that easily for 10 and more years after a service with good amplitude and hardly any beat error shows how sturdy the movement is.

Yea, I had a Submariner that I gave to my son about this time last year as a graduation present. Fortunately, for him, I had just had it serviced at Rolex NY, for about a million dollars.

Looks better on him! Anyway, I use my Seamaster Pro when I dive below 1000'!

REALLY nice graduation gift. I hope he appreciates it.

Back