Replica Rolex Information Needed

Bjb3013

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bjb3013
I saw a few replica Rolex watches at a party the other night, some looked really cool.
I read that there are different classes of replicas, and would like to learn more.
Any help, advice or information would be appreciated.

BJB

Well, there are 2 replicas I see, the cheap battery powered ones you can get for $15, and ones with a Seiko mechanical 'self winding' mechanism like the Rolex, I see those between $250 and $750 depending on the styling.

Henning, sorry to say but I'm not sure if you know the modern replica market too well...

There are no replica Rolex watches with Seiko movements. The most common ones nowadays are Asian ETA clones. The new "super clones" from n00bfactory and such, are pretty close with their cases, and some have Rolex 3035/3135 clones. The cheaper ones normally with chinese ETA2982 replicas. There are a few easy ways to spot a fake movement, unfortunately they all nowadays are 28800bph so the "tick" isn't a way to do it anymore.

The most common fakes are the 16610/116610 Submariners, and obviously 116520 etc Daytonas. If you are purchasing a piece without papers (box is worthless), make sure you know what you are in for.

The fake market nowadays is insanely accurate, and it needs a trained eye to spot a replica from a genuine one. Thread carefully, things have moved alot from the "sweeping second hand, must be good"-times.

When I was living in Kuwait there were shops that sold everything from fake Tag to Rolex to Omega. The cost was around $100. I told myself it's a fake, but it's still better than what $100 would by me at a mall back home. I eventually threw them out because I was tired of everyone eye humping them and asking "is it real"? My reply: errh....no. BUT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get them in Shanghai and Beijing for $75 to $85 bucks. Tell them you want "Super A Quality".

You don't get good replicas for 75 to 85 bucks - no matter what super quality you ask for.

Why not just save up and pick up a used Explorer off of Rolex Forums?

Why not just save up and pick up a used Explorer off of Rolex Forums?

Or a vintage 16xx Datejust, by far the best bang for the buck with Rolexes. (or a 16xxx if quickset is a requirement).

I would rather have a real Casio G-shock than a fake Rolex. What does wearing a fake say about the wearer?

A Timex is more accurate.

watches.png

Nothing screams more douchy than sporting a fake, or sorry replica watch. It's up there with Fiero to Lamborghini kit cars.

33903285.jpg

I saw a few replica Rolex watches at a party the other night, some looked really cool.
I read that there are different classes of replicas, and would like to learn more.
Any help, advice or information would be appreciated.

BJB

The ones you get from Chinatown are a far fetch from being anywhere close to authentic. I actually purchased one from Intime.co and can attest to it being the closest to genuine as ive seen. It ran be close to 200 big ones, but it looks, feels, and moves almost exactly like the genuine. Very smooth sweep. If your interested in purchasing one, i can give thumbs up for intime.co

Obviously I recommend saving and purchasing a Genuine, or save and by a real pilot watch of some sort.

Well, Oysterquartz is even better :p

You don't wear a Rolex for the accuracy, you wear it because - you can. :)

I have a citizen blue Angels ecodrive. Very accurate and I don't have to fiddle with it at all.i have a machine shop in my back yard... I'm harsh on watches and it has nary a scratch. I can't imagine why id buy a Rolex even if they were $20.

I'm about to spend $10,000 to attend a few concerts, so yeah, I can wear a Rolex but can't imagine a reason to.

The ones you get from Chinatown are a far fetch from being anywhere close to authentic. I actually purchased one from Intime.co and can attest to it being the closest to genuine as ive seen. It ran be close to 200 big ones, but it looks, feels, and moves almost exactly like the genuine. Very smooth sweep. If your interested in purchasing one, i can give thumbs up for intime.co

Intime(is it you? The guy is called Ryan...) sells good quality replicas, but even their Subs are pretty darn far from originals when you know what to look for.

I have a citizen blue Angels ecodrive. Very accurate and I don't have to fiddle with it at all.i have a machine shop in my back yard... I'm harsh on watches and it has nary a scratch. I can't imagine why id buy a Rolex even if they were $20.

I'm about to spend $10,000 to attend a few concerts, so yeah, I can wear a Rolex but can't imagine a reason to.

You appreciate fine music and are happy to spend money listening to it. I appreciate fine craftsmanship and mechanical accuracy, and am happy to spend money on that. I would never try to convince anyone to spend money on mechanical watches unless they appreciate the value in them.

You appreciate fine music and are happy to spend money listening to it. I appreciate fine craftsmanship and mechanical accuracy, and am happy to spend money on that. I would never try to convince anyone to spend money on mechanical watches unless they appreciate the value in them.

If you appreciate mechanical accuracy. There are far better watches for less money.

WTF do gaudy overpriced watches have to do with aviation?

Meh. People do it all the time. Guys by metric cruisers istead of Harleys, Japanese pickups instead of American ones...etc.

Are you really trying to say a Toyota pickup is the equivalent to a fake Rolex?

A Tacoma is a "fake F-150?"

Last edited:
I insisted on a Certificate of Authenticity when I bought my Casio Edifice. Accept no substitutes!

I have a couple of descent watches (Rolex, Breitling, etc). Today I am wearing a Breitling just kicking around the house that I paid a $1000 for new in Nassau 20 years ago. I have dove it, worked on cars with it, built buildings with it on, no problems. I could polish it and sell it today for every bit of the amount I paid. I can't say that about much else in life. What are those fakes worth after 20 years of wear?

Nothing special about a Harley. Virtually any metric manufacturer has models that are bigger, faster, lighter, more maneuverable, and WAY more reliable.

Right, they may be 'inspired' by the Harley designs but that's nothing new in business. If a product is successful people will try to improve on that and take market share.

Not if someone took a Honda Phantom and stripped all branding, repainted and put Harley branding that would be a replica/fake. They would also get ridiculed and made fun of at any event.

Back