Replica Rolex Information Needed

Yea but........
I know, I know. Either his numbers are off or his buddy bought about twice the watch he needed. ;)

Nauga,
who wonders if it comes with a combover, like a corvette :rolleyes:

I know, I know. Either his numbers are off or his buddy bought about twice the watch he needed. ;)

Nauga,
who wonders if it comes with a combover, like a corvette :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: "Needed" and "Watch" shouldn't be used together.:rofl: Nobody needs a watch, it's jewelry. Divers like their toys like anyone else. At the time the Sea Dweller retailed around $7500. At least a diver has an excuse to have one since it gives them the ability to manage their own decompression if everyone on the boat is abducted by aliens.:lol:

Breitling watches have wings on them!

My dad had a classic Breitling with moon phases and the like. Got stolen in a breakin.

A short time later I found a Breitling lying in the road on a bicycle ride. Turns out it's a replica. I'll dig it out and post a photo in a few.

I don't "get" fancy watches, but they're no more nor less dumb than all the other myriad things people collect.

Pretty sure my dad's was like this one:

breitling1.jpg

The one I found:

16547945582_92c8bfb5f8.jpg

I had a customer trade in a Gold Rolex Yacht-Master on a new truck about 15 years ago, I ended up buying it and it's actually been a good watch for a Rolex. It keeps reasonably accurate time, within a couple minutes a week.:rofl:
It's basically the only piece of jewelry that I own other than my wedding ring, I wear it pretty much everyday to work and I guess I am just comfortable with it. If it disappeared tomorrow, I doubt I would buy another one, but I don't think I will sell this on. :D

You folks who can't "see it" should simply avoid buying one. Problem solved. A Rolex is as much as piece of jewelry as it is a timepiece. Just like in firearms... there's the original Walther and then, for $100 less is the Bersa. Either will blow a hole in you, but... Somebody's got to be the market for crap. I guess you know who you are.

Last edited:
I would rather have a real Casio G-shock than a fake Rolex. What does wearing a fake say about the wearer?

OK, time to come clean. Four years ago I was in the market for a watch and wanted to try an automatic. I didn't want to spend large pile of cash as I didn't know if I would like owning an automatic watch. After some research and investigation, I bought an.......gasp.......Invicta. Yes, the watch of late night infomercials. The horrors! :yikes:

Specifically, I bought the Invicta 9937CB, a Submariner replica that uses a Swiss movement mated to a Chinese made case and band. It uses the Sellita SW200 movement, which is a copy of the ETA 2824 movement. There is a lot of debate amoungst watch people as to which of these is better, but the general belief is they are darned near equal, although this guy thinks the SW200 is better.

http://watchflipr.com/movements/sellita-sw200-vs-eta-2824-2/

So, the strategy was, buy this thing for ~$280 to see if I liked automatic watches. And when it died in a few years, I would buy the real deal.

BUT, after four years of hard wear, the watch runs like a champ, the crystal has no scratches, and the case and band look very good. It keeps time within 2 minutes per month, which is good enough for me.

If it ever dies, I'll likely buy a real Sub, but I'm not holding my breath. It's very well built for a cheap watch.

Rolex never did it for me. Probably going to get flamed for this comment, but they always looked gaudy to me.

I like nice watches, but don't own one, and never have. Never had the extra $$$ lying around to splurge on one.

That might change in a year or two, however. If it does, I've always wanted an IWC Portuguese, certain models of which I think are some of the classiest watches out there. I also like some of the watches made by Brugeut and Vacheron Constantin.

One of these days...

Omega Speedmaster is on my short list.

I think they're one of the best buys out there for higher end watches.

Rolex never did it for me. Probably going to get flamed for this comment, but they always looked gaudy to me.

I like nice watches, but don't own one, and never have. Never had the extra $$$ lying around to splurge on one.

That might change in a year or two, however. If it does, I've always wanted an IWC Portuguese, certain models of which I think are some of the classiest watches out there. I also like some of the watches made by Brugeut and Vacheron Constantin.

One of these days...
Funny, I could have written this post. Love watches, have other things more important to spend my discretionary dollars on.

But that IWC Portuguese will be on my wrist one day...

One of these days...

Some of the ones I've seen, especially in the bejeweled ladies, I thought were downright ugly. For jewelry grade, I have seen much better looking watches than anything Rolex produces.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: "Needed" and "Watch" shouldn't be used together.:rofl: Nobody needs a watch, it's jewelry. Divers like their toys like anyone else. At the time the Sea Dweller retailed around $7500. At least a diver has an excuse to have one since it gives them the ability to manage their own decompression if everyone on the boat is abducted by aliens.:lol:

I don’t get multi-thousand dollar watches. They're beautiful and all, but the possession of them just doesn’t steam my beans.

I have a waterproof diver/surfer’s watch that I really do “need” to wear to avoid getting parking meter tickets while surfing. However, it was only about $180.

I don’t get multi-thousand dollar watches. They're beautiful and all, but the possession of them just doesn’t steam my beans.

I have a waterproof diver/surfer’s watch that I really do “need” to wear to avoid getting parking meter tickets while surfing. However, it was only about $180.

I own one watch, it's an old G-shock that lives with my dive gear. I may replace it with an Indiglo.

OK so I took a look at the Intime.co website and found this Tag Heuer that I think is a very nice looking watch. My $80 Seiko has a dead battery and that watch is way better looking. I would wear it if it said Timex or Seiko or Casio on it. So I have two questions:

If I bought that watch:
1. How long and well could I expect it to hold up? and;
2. Would I be a douche?

I mean, I get the douche-iness factor of it, but even so it's a nice looking watch, regardless of brand/origin.

OK so I took a look at the Intime.co website and found this Tag Heuer that I think is a very nice looking watch. My $80 Seiko has a dead battery and that watch is way better looking. I would wear it if it said Timex or Seiko or Casio on it. So I have two questions:

If I bought that watch:
1. How long and well could I expect it to hold up? and;
2. Would I be a douche?

I mean, I get the douche-iness factor of it, but even so it's a nice looking watch, regardless of brand/origin.

A Tag is only semi douchy.

If you're just going for the look or an "homage," I wouldn't buy a fake. Fakes are douchy. Honest homages are not. There are good looking, quality Chinese watches out there that aren't trying to be something else. I have several very expensive brand-name watches, and several Chinese watches, and I like them all.

http://www.seagullwatchstore.com/
http://www.manbushijie.com/

If you're just going for the look or an "homage," I wouldn't buy a fake. Fakes are douchy. Honest homages are not. There are good looking, quality Chinese watches out there that aren't trying to be something else. I have several very expensive brand-name watches, and several Chinese watches, and I like them all.

http://www.seagullwatchstore.com/
http://www.manbushijie.com/

LOL. That sea-gull link caught my eye. So I started googling. Seems that a $150 Chinese movement is just as accurate if not more accurate than a $5,000 Rolex.

They also make a $5,000 tourbillon, about $35K less than any Swiss one.

This guy seemed to figure it out and the "collect ability", prestige" and "resell value" arguments begin with the first reply.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/accuracy-seagull-movement-231253.html

For $120, I might pick up one of those Sea-Gulls

In the days when I wore a suit every day (thank goodness those days are in my past) I wore a Gold Fill, plain bezel, Rolex 1802 Oyster Perpetual. I still have it although it is due an overhaul.

I haven't had a watch on my wrist for any occasion in quite a few years. There are accurate digital clocks in my vehicles, a clock on the office wall and at the bottom right of my computer screens, a dead accurate quartz, analog clock on the panel of my plane, a digital timer on the panel, an IPad in my lap and an IPhone always in my pocket except when flying where at such time it is mounted on the yoke.

I just don't see the need any more for wearing a time piece on my wrist or carrying one in my pocket.

That said I have lots of appreciation for a fine time piece, of which my Rolex is a great example. I also have about a dozen high quality antique pocket watches that are really fine time pieces.

I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why anyone would bother with a fake anything. You are what you are and who you are. Be yourself.

I'm sorry, but I just can't understand why anyone would bother with a fake anything. You are what you are and who you are. Be yourself.

Me neither. I wouldn't buy a fake (aka "replica") watch any more than I'd buy a fake Ferrari or a fake Beechcraft (if there were such things).

If I can't afford the real deal, it's not something I'd want.

Me neither. I wouldn't buy a fake (aka "replica") watch any more than I'd buy a fake Ferrari or a fake Beechcraft (if there were such things).

I always thought it was appropriate that Don Johnson drove a replica Ferrari on Miami Vice. Kind of an analog to the fantasy aspect of the show.

Generally I agree 100%

I'd be sorely tempted to have a "Fake" Carbon Cobra, actually I'd take it over a factory one on performance and cost.:yesnod:

In the days when I wore a suit every day (thank goodness those days are in my past) I wore a Gold Fill, plain bezel, Rolex 1802 Oyster Perpetual. I still have it although it is due an overhaul.

That said I have lots of appreciation for a fine time piece, of which my Rolex is a great example. I also have about a dozen high quality antique pocket watches that are really fine time pieces.

A fantastic piece, one of the truly classic Rolexes.

Easily worth 10k if in good condition nowadays, sell it on if you don't wear it.

Not interested in posing, I just think its a handsome watch.

I will not pay authentic prices for a watch, it's not that important to me, but I wouldn't mind owning a better looking watch either. I'll spend thousands on new paint, wingtips, and strobes; that's where my discretionary dollars go. :yesnod:

Back