I’m looking for advice on replacing my RV7A. I love the bird and there is no other plane that I’ve flown as fun to fly. It’s like a sports car in the sky. That being said, 25% of my mission flying is 250NM, one other person, luggage and now a dog. The dog is too big to go now so it’s either drive or board him. The other 75% is either solo or one of person for lunch runs, sight seeing or fly ins. The RV is general pretty solid unless it’s a rough grass strip or not enough space for luggage. So now I’m considering two directions to go. A 182 or similar to essentially cover all my utility needs or a more cost effective tailwheel 2 place (Rans S7, Kitfox, etc) Completely different mission airplanes. My gut says 182, my thrill side says an S7 or similar and save the 250NM trip for truck and use my flying time for low & slow and off airport. There’s just something about cruising the countryside with the doors open on a warm summer evening that sucks me in. Another consideration is a 182 provides a solid platform to my instrument rating. Any advice out there? Should I get an SUV or the Jeep?