Renting Airplanes

Huh, for track day use? Where is this.

No track insurance, you self insure for that. The guys who do it are well more than capable of self insuring a million dollars. The problem with an Enzo is that you have to have bought a couple of new Ferraris before they will sell you one.

Azcloudbusters looks like a first class operation, I delivered a 172 to a Buyer at Stellar yesterday and had a chance to look at their planes. All of them look great, but the Debonair is extremely nice! No wonder they have a waiting list.

I can rent an Ferrari Enzo for $1500 a day. That's $62.50 an hour for a million dollar car.

If I did the math correctly, that's $1500 divided by 24. Not actual driving (hobbs) time.

Our club planes run around $100.00 an hour. When I rent for 24 hours, my hobbs averages about 3 hours. That's $12.50 per hour by your calculation.

Dude I rent from has the keys in an outdoor lock box which his customers have the combination to. Need a plane? Just call, if it's night, just take it and fill out a slip to put in the box for him in the morning. Good guy.

My rental pilots have access to an online schedule. They schedule the plane online 24x7 a day. The FBO will pull it to the ramp for them and put it away 24x7 a day. The keys are in a lockbox on the pilot side tiedown ring.

When they finish flying they fill out a few things on a paper invoice and I collect them and bill them on a regular schedule.

Back