Rentals

I'm paying $149/hr for 172/G430, and $155/hr for 172/G1000, wet no fuel surcharge, at KFRG (Long Island/NYC)

Thats about equal to me, except its $10 more for the G430.

Thanks! After reading through the thread I feel a little 'taken advantage of' at the flight school with the $159/hr plane. And taken advantage of may not be the best term, it just seems like there is a better deal out there that I'm missing. Also the variety at Chickasha seems better than most places.

Yeah, I would not use that term as, I presume, you are not being forced to rent there. I do not know the economics of your area and perhaps areas of heavy competition like South Florida have driven prices lower here than is really sustainable.

Like I said, for $105/hour, I would flying that Ercoupe.

Yeah, I would not use that term as, I presume, you are not being forced to rent there. I do not know the economics of your area and perhaps areas of heavy competition like South Florida have driven prices lower here than is really sustainable.

Like I said, for $105/hour, I would flying that Ercoupe.

I didn't think that was the best term, but nothing else came to mind. You're right though, they're not forcing me. I have never flown an Ercoupe but it looks like it could be fun.... If I fit :yikes:

www.flympp.com KLNK Lincon, NE

Cherokee 180 W/G430 $115/wet
Cherokee 160 $105/wet
Beech Debonair $175 wet

the gem of a Cessna 150 I just sold was $90/hour wet also GPS equipped

Last edited:
+1

I'd find that 140 enchanting as well. I bet it's dual only, though.

Looks like it would be a blast to fly! I don't see why they would only rent it out for instruction though. But the site does only list a dual price, so it sounds like thats all they do.

There is also a new flight school open at Sundance. I don't know if they let you rent solo but they have a Cherokee 180 for $130-140 I believe.

Back