Remember Sniglets?

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
"any word that doesn't appear in the dictionary, but should." ?

Well I made up a new one:

procrastinaviation

definition: the practice of carrying out less urgent aviation-related tasks in preference to more urgent ones, or doing more pleasurable aviation-related things in place of less pleasurable ones, and thus putting off impending tasks to a later time, sometimes to the "last minute" before the deadline

origin: eman1200's twisted mind

used in a sentence: "Creating new threads on PoA instead of finalizing my quarterly budget at work is clear evidence of my procrastinaviation."

So how are you procrastinaviating today?

just remember, if it weren't for the last minute, a lot of stuff wouldn't get done.

just remember, if it weren't for the last minute, a lot of stuff wouldn't get done.

And if it wasn't for that "last place", we wouldn't know where to look to find our things.

Mine: Coldcarbheatagain

Primary training was in a DA20 with fuel injected engine. Now I fly a C182P and routinely forget to pull carb heat on final approach.

Sniglets?

You're old. Those were around over 30 years ago.

I remember watching a live taping at NBC when I was in junior high school.

Sniglets?

if you were a jr in high school 30 years ago you're older than me. ya old fart.

but yeah, I'm old. thanks fer pointing that out.

Oh, I won't argue with that.

The interns around here remind me every day. They keep getting younger.

But it was junior high school, not a junior in high school. Like, 7-9 grade.

Mine: Coldcarbheatagain

Primary training was in a DA20 with fuel injected engine. Now I fly a C182P and routinely forget to pull carb heat on final approach.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I ferried a C-172 a couple weeks ago, with one gas stop. Forgot about the carb heat every time. I haven't been in a 172 since 1998. I am sure the tower controller had his hand on the crash horn. My landings were craptacular... :lol:

dayumm. ok I'll speak up from now on when I reply to your posts, maybe use LARGER FONT for ya hahahha.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I ferried a C-172 a couple weeks ago, with one gas stop. Forgot about the carb heat every time. I haven't been in a 172 since 1998. I am sure the tower controller had his hand on the crash horn. My landings were craptacular... :lol:

hey, could be a sniglet right there!

I was already married (and well past Jr. High School) 30 years ago. Dang kids. :D

It would if everyone just had one of these.

roundtuit.jpg

You have to be over 50 to get it, but this was one of my favorite sniglets.

Essoasso

A driver who cuts through the corner gas station to avoid a red light.

Hint: Back when Mobil was Esso

You have to be over 50 to get it, but this was one of my favorite sniglets.

Essoasso

A driver who cuts through the corner gas station to avoid a red light.

Hint: Back when Mobil was Esso

Ok, these can't be THAT old, because I remember this one. And 30 years ago, I was 5.

My favorite from the show was:

Cinemuck

That thick sticky stuff on the floor of movie theaters.

Here's one I thought of that I have experienced:

Departurgency

The feeling 5 minutes into a long flight leg that you really need to pee.

Sniglets?

You're not even close to being old.

I was already married (and well past Jr. High School) 30 years ago. Dang kids. :D

30 years ago I was coming up on my 11th wedding anniversary.

Ok, these can't be THAT old, because I remember this one. And 30 years ago, I was 5.

You are younger than my son and older than my daughter. You aren't even close to being old.

Darned kids. :D

Peniphernalia.

Catch-all term for penis-enhancing pills, potions, and preparations offered for sale in spam emails.

-Rich

Magentitis:

is an acute inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord that precludes a pilot from looking out the window and using pilotage. The inflammation may be caused by an infection of electrons, glittering screens, or shiny electronic devices.

The most common symptom of magentitis is an inability to tolerate light emitting through plexiglas (photophobia) and a fear of dead batteries (deadbunnyphobia).

Last edited:
Magentitis:

is an acute inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord that precludes a pilot from looking out the window and using pilotage. The inflammation may be caused by an infection of electrons elections, glittering screens, or shiny electronic devices.

The most common symptom of magentitis is an inability to tolerate light emitting through plexiglas (photophobia) and a fear of dead batteries (deadbunnyphobia).

small typo fixed. (too much SZ?) :D

Radiorhea

The urge to add "Any traffic in the area please advise" to the end of a radio transmission.

Back