"Relevant" Resume information

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
What is considered "relevant" resume information ?

Specifically, I am dual rated and looking at a dual rated expatriate job. Current resume is - Hours, Certificates, Work History, Education and References. Everything is getting kind of crammed together.

Any hiring managers have any tips or be willing to take a peek at what I have going on ?

I of course have googled and tweaked my resume several thousand times, I'm at the point I can't help myself anymore I don't think.

I'm assuming it's a flying job? Those that you mention are relevant. Your position as chairman of the shuffleboard committee for your local rotary is not.

I'll be happy to comment if you want to PM it to me, but I don't work in the aviation field.

I kept mine very simple. One page, ratings, relevant hours, aviation experience, volunteer experience. PM and I can send you mine to see what it looks like.

Keep it simple, easy to read, and pertinent to the position you are seeking. You just want it to get you an interview where you can provide more information to sell yourself.

I once wrote a resume that had 100% response. Everyone who received it asked me for an interview. A couple of them flew me out on jets.

I've been quite fortunate, only having a hand full of employers in my lifetime, (10 years with previous employer and 19 with current). I never did a mass mailing of resumes, and only applied for open positions I knew of. I was hired for every job I applied for. Good luck to you, Jeff

Back