Reintroduction of the POA APPAREL PROGRAM

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
POA is happy to announce that the Apparel Program has been revised and up and running once again with a new vendor. If you would like to purchase POA Apparel you can do so at.

http://www.corporatecasuals.com/s/pilotsofamerica/cat4.htm

I am hoping Jess can get a more permanent link up but until now this should work. All proceeds will go to fund the continuous operations of POA.

Be sure to check this out, folks- there is a much broader array of stuff available, not just clothes, and I am happy with the quality of the goods- name-brand, and (based upon the embroidery sample I purchased when it was set-up), the "branding" is sharp.

Are the logos full color this time? The stuff we were getting before was really nice but I kind of did not like the monochromatic logo and would have liked the three color one better.

Are the logos full color this time? The stuff we were getting before was really nice but I kind of did not like the monochromatic logo and would have liked the three color one better.

Your wish has been anticipated! the power to choose exists, my friend.

There is:

1. A black/white scheme (black and light grey, actually);
2. A beigey-taupey color scheme; and
3. The Red, White, Blue / Red/Black/Blue.

Each scheme has a light background and dark background style, which will be applied depending upon whether the cloth on which it is being applied is light or dark. the three-color scheme is set up such that the blue is a little lighter on dark cloth, so it won't get lost. You get the color scheme choice after you click on the item you are selecting to buy.

---

Edit: The sample swatch I have is the 3-color, so if I can remember to bring it home from the office, I'll take a photo of it and post it. It looks nice. Trust me.

Your wish has been anticipated! the power to choose exists, my friend.

There is:

1. A black/white scheme (black and light grey, actually);
2. A beigey-taupey color scheme; and
3. The Red, White, Blue / Red/Black/Blue.

Each scheme has a light background and dark background style, which will be applied depending upon whether the cloth on which it is being applied is light or dark. the three-color scheme is set up such that the blue is a little lighter on dark cloth, so it won't get lost. You get the color scheme choice after you click on the item you are selecting to buy.

---

Edit: The sample swatch I have is the 3-color, so if I can remember to bring it home from the office, I'll take a photo of it and post it. It looks nice. Trust me.
cool!

Be sure to check this out, folks- there is a much broader array of stuff available, not just clothes, and I am happy with the quality of the goods- name-brand, and (based upon the embroidery sample I purchased when it was set-up), the "branding" is sharp.

If those winter hats don't fit me I'm coming after you, Spike....well, I guess I'll resell them.

If those winter hats don't fit me I'm coming after you, Spike....well, I guess I'll resell them.
Speaking of winter hats I am looking for a wool knit cap, it has to be wool NOT acyclic, polyester, or any other synthetic, only wool, in blaze orange? Anyone? Bueller?

Speaking of winter hats I am looking for a wool knit cap, it has to be wool NOT acyclic, polyester, or any other synthetic, only wool, in blaze orange? Anyone? Bueller?

Me, too. I want a heavy, wool XXL watch cap that will fit my melon and cover my ears for snowblowing and such.

Look here Scott:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...nd-caps-for-men/75031.aspx?feature=product_13
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...s-and-caps-for-men.aspx?navlocation=dept_left

Lemme know what you find.

Does it have to be solid blaze orange?

I dare ya to buy and wear it:
http://www.worldesigns.com/Merchant...duct_Code=J25&Category_Code=CKH&Store_Code=WI

Scott's new "pilot name" is "Jester".

And this isn't a lady's hat. I promise. You get a free matching scarf, too:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F979GO...e=380337&creativeASIN=B000F979GO&linkCode=asn

Has anybody else seen Twenga.com? Just stumbled on it... new "in beta" price comparison site. I'm impressed by it. It's what found me these items.

Last edited:
Me, too. I want a heavy, wool XXL watch cap that will fit my melon and cover my ears for snowblowing and such.

Look here Scott:
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...nd-caps-for-men/75031.aspx?feature=product_13
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...s-and-caps-for-men.aspx?navlocation=dept_left

Lemme know what you find.

But they are all black, grey, tan or Navy. I need blaze orange. And the only time I can find that color it is a synthetic. I think it has to do with the dyeing process of wool, they cannot get it in that color. What I probably should do is get a black wool one and sew reflective fabric to it.

But they are all black, grey, tan or Navy. I need blaze orange. And the only time I can find that color it is a synthetic. I think it has to do with the dyeing process of wool, they cannot get it in that color. What I probably should do is get a black wool one and sew reflective fabric to it.

Get a good wool cap and a cheeep synthetic orange one and put wool one under the orange one.

Scott you hunt??????

Also no Bucket hats, for us Glider pilots :-(

I found an orange wool cap, but not an Orange KNIT wool cap.

http://workingperson.com/products/6..._Blaze_Orange_Original_Wool_Cap_5001-160.html

WAIT! Would this work for you?

http://www.gearstuff.com/catalog.php?id=96555&type=product

Well he said "it has to be wool NOT acyclic, polyester, or any other synthetic, only wool" but this one is:
Pretty close but I cannot see how to order it.

In fact it is the closest I have ever seen to what I am looking for.

OK, I added a wool knit cap to the store, it's at the very bottom. They said it would only accept nine items per category, but it seems to have accepted it.

Shhh! Don't tell.

OK, I added a wool knit cap to the store, it's at the very bottom. They said it would only accept nine items per category, but it seems to have accepted it.

Shhh! Don't tell.
But it is not in Blaze ORANGE!!

Not that I expected it to be, but it would have been really cool!!!

Let us just hope it fits Mike's head!

Sorry I hijacked the thread to look for my Holly Grail of a hat.

But it is not in Blaze ORANGE!!

Not that I expected it to be, but it would have been really cool!!!

Hey- you never know, it mighta been available... and I certainly can't tell you everything that they have, either. I might yet find it...

...hmmm... Holy Grail... "...and the spankings!..."

I already ordered what was there before and I have little faith that they'll fit. I ordered a couple more from the store that Troy found. "All One Size" usually ain't me. *sigh*

I'll have some presents to give away, I guess.

Last edited:
Hey- you never know, it mighta been available... and I certainly can't tell you everything that they have, either. I might yet find it...

...hmmm... Holy Grail... "...and the spankings!..."
I did look at the colors just in case.

spankings, shall I ask Dr. Piglet at Castle Anthrax about the spankings?

Hey everyone just a heads up and Spike you may want to revise or look in to this but I notice some of the baseball caps have the button on top. If your gonna use them for flying the button can hurt like hell when compressed under a headset.

Hey everyone just a heads up and Spike you may want to revise or look in to this but I notice some of the baseball caps have the button on top. If your gonna use them for flying the button can hurt like hell when compressed under a headset.

Most caps do...

...just cut the sucker off!

I ordered the bucket hat! pretty soon ill have one for every day of the week :D

I got my POA winter caps! - The beanie and the wool watch cap.

It was very quick delivery.

They're very nice!

They're thinner than I wanted for really cold times, but hey, now I have winter flying caps!

I'll have to get a baseball cap or two for warm weather.

Great job, Spike!

Got my beach towel in today. Nice job on the embroidery, and a decent towel. It'll live in the airplane.

SCORE!

Any of you who get something, if you like it, model it and send me pictures; we can sub pics of world-famous PoA-ers in fashionable, yet popularly-priced PoA garb, in place of the generic pics on the website...

...be famous!

SCORE!

Any of you who get something, if you like it, model it and send me pictures; we can sub pics of world-famous PoA-ers in fashionable, yet popularly-priced PoA garb, in place of the generic pics on the website...

...be famous!
How about a picture of the towel draped over the seat of my airplane?

How about a picture of the towel draped over the seat of my airplane?

If we cannot have the towel draped over the rock-star-like Tron Guy, then a towel draped over the seat of Tron Guy's rock-star-like airplane will do quite nicely!

Got my beach towel in today. Nice job on the embroidery, and a decent towel. It'll live in the airplane.
A beach towel in December?
273_cold_person_shivering.gif

Pick'd up the sweatshirt and Columbia jacket. Nice quality, fast delivery! Thanks for re-launching the POA wearables site. :)

How about a picture of me in my POA speedo?:nono:

Last edited:
Pick'd up the sweatshirt and Columbia jacket. Nice quality, fast delivery! Thanks for re-launching the POA wearables site. :)

How about a picture of me in my POA speedo?:nono:

Thanks for the report! Send stylin' pics.

No banana-hammock, though!

Thanks for the report! Send stylin' pics.

No banana-hammock, though!

Is that what this is called?

Be happy I didn't post the rear view.

Attachments

• borat-neon-green-swimsuit081.jpg
    borat-neon-green-swimsuit081.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 20
  • borat2_01.jpg
    borat2_01.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 22
Is that what this is called?

Be happy I didn't post the rear view.

Oh Good God, NO!:nonod::frown2::nonod::frown3::yikes:

SCcutler, WILCO! where you want the POA JPEG's sent to?

Last edited:
Back