Refill of portable avox oxygen system

Cecilio Chacon Soto

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cec
Hi everyone, nice to meet you all, I am new here..

I have a big question even though I had been reading a lot.

I have a aviators avox system, my concern is can this be refill with medical oxygen? Also why is not to mention aviators if I take it to refill..?

This one is all completly funtional but maybe 7 years old.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG-20210514-WA0165.jpeg
    IMG-20210514-WA0165.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 137
Is this a concern? So I can not use it for something else like medical oxygen?

Attachments

• 16210473364727204883511872312911.jpg
    16210473364727204883511872312911.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 132
Since you mentioned that your bottle is about 7 years old, you might check whether it is due for hydrostatic testing. For many bottles, five years is the rule. It’s not an expensive test. Your bottle should be marked with the date of the latest test, if it had one. If not, as you noticed, it is marked with a manufacture date.

I would not hesitate to use medical oxygen.Or you could take it to a shop at an airport.

If you refill it yourself, be sure you know what you’re doing — compressed gas can be dangerous.

Last edited:
Call around to a few welding shops, find out where they take their O2 bottles for refill. Recently had mine static tested and refilled for about $65.

That looks like a walk around portable with a continuous flow mask. That won’t last very long for you. If this is the unit you are talking about, you can use up the O2 that’s in there before you take it for hydro - you don’t have to empty it and run out and get it done. Also, I can’t see the fitting, but the CGA540 is standard, and this might have a PB3, so you will need an adapter. PM me if you have questions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back