Rednecks [N/A]

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya'll know who ya' are...

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

I agree with all that, but didn't Merle sum it all up in a song about being from Muskogee?

gkainz said:
We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya'll know who ya' are...

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

If that makes me a redneck, so be it. Thanks.

Ghery said:
If that makes me a redneck, so be it. Thanks.

If you're only offended by this post because BEER was left out.... You might be a redneck.

I did not have to answer the questions above to know there is NO doubt I AM a Redneck. This is one of those posts that really starts a fire in my sole for there is so many problems in this world that would be solved if everyone could answer yes I am a red neck. To many selfish, greedy ,GOD LESS PEOPLE in this world.

Teach your children how to Pray,Respect, Work HARD, Defend themselves. Teach them to be self sufficient( Groceries do not come the store). Teach your kids the teachings of the bible for these are the laws of life.
Pray for your children and the world they will know.

Even though the media wants you to believe that We Rednecks are the minority, That is wrong There is a whole mess of us out here.

i don't see the association between godless, and greedy/selfish, .. but i think that any respectful person would answer yes to all those. i guess maybe that was the point.

I know a number of people that I'd classify as greedy and selfish. They go to church every Sunday and claim to be God-fearing.

Based on my experiences, I would not say that godliness renders folks any less selfish or greedy than someone who does not believe in God.

My opinon only. YMMV.

wsuffa said:
I know a number of people that I'd classify as greedy and selfish. They go to church every Sunday and claim to be God-fearing.

Yep. One of these types has recently brought much grief into my professional life.:mad::mad:

wsuffa said:
I would not say that godliness renders folks any less selfish or greedy than someone who does not believe in God.
My opinon only. YMMV.
Oh, I had such a great response for this post. Then I read it again and saw that I misread it the first time. DAMN! I had SUCH a great response. I think it was the double negative that threw me off. So, I'm not in disagreement with you on this after all.

wsuffa said:

Based on my experiences, I would not say that godliness renders folks any less selfish or greedy than someone who does not believe in God.

My opinon only. YMMV.

You are so correct. I know many of these people. There are many Church going bible toting Godless people out there. So how many here belive that Going to church makes a person a good Christian?? I do Not. Its all about the choices a we make each minute of each day. Boy I really used to make some bad choices but as I finally start growing up, I make fewer I think.

I am not one these people who walk around with the bible quoting verses all day. I am usually carrying a gun , chewing tobacco , working really hard to keep from the use of those four letter words as much as before kids.

I got to thinking as I read the the "You may be a Redneck ". If you know the teachings of the bible and try to live by them you are a Redneck.

Frank Browne said:
Yep. One of these types has recently brought much grief into my professional life.:mad::mad:
My wife once worked for a guy who wore his Christianity on his sleeve, spoke endlessly about having been "saved," and prayed loudly in public. He also skimmed money out of the company and sent it to the Caymans, reneged routinely on agreements that were both verbal and in writing, refused to pay health insurance claims by any of his 2,000 employees (sending more than one into bankruptcy due to illness) despite having collected premiums through payroll deductions, and more sleazy behavior I won't go into here. When my wife left his employ, he owed her more than $130,000, admitted he owed it, and never paid it.

There are good people who don't believe in god and awful people who do. To borrow from MLK Jr., it's best to judge someone for the content of their character than by their affiliations come Sunday (or Saturday).

Ken Ibold said:
My wife once worked for a guy who wore his Christianity on his sleeve, spoke endlessly about having been "saved," and prayed loudly in public. He also skimmed money out of the company and sent it to the Caymans, reneged routinely on agreements that were both verbal and in writing, refused to pay health insurance claims by any of his 2,000 employees (sending more than one into bankruptcy due to illness) despite having collected premiums through payroll deductions, and more sleazy behavior I won't go into here. When my wife left his employ, he owed her more than $130,000, admitted he owed it, and never paid it.

There are good people who don't believe in god and awful people who do. To borrow from MLK Jr., it's best to judge someone for the content of their character than by their affiliations come Sunday (or Saturday).

You are absolutely right Ken! To me, those types are quite detestable. There are many hipocrites among Christians.

gibbons said:
Oh, I had such a great response for this post. Then I read it again and saw that I misread it the first time. DAMN! I had SUCH a great response. I think it was the double negative that threw me off. So, I'm not in disagreement with you on this after all.

Another perfectly good comeback - ruined. :D

OK, c'mon guys, these are supposed to be JOKES!!! So, with that in mind...

gkainz said:

...Because you can't read and didn't know what they were anyway! :rofl:

gkainz said:

...But you HAVE burned darn near everything else! :goofy:

(And yes, I do agree with the original post...)

I like to think of myself as a good 'ol boy, but redneck will work in a pinch. I live my life like the original post without apology.

Awesome posts!
I would give everything i had to a friend in trouble, wouldn't take No for an answer. I would hope my friends would do the same. So i guess i am a redneck, even if i have all my teeth!

Rudy said:
So i guess i am a redneck, even if i have all my teeth!
Then answer this - do you use a teethbrush or a toothbrush? :rofl:

I swear this just happened. My wife and I are going to have a baby in Febuary. We live in Tulsa, OK. Dawn (Wife) was planning the baby shower on October 22 in her home town of Mountain View, AR. Her father and uncles threw a fit!

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE BABY SHOWER BECAUSE YOUR FAMILY WANTS TO COME TO TULSA FOR A GUN SHOW THAT WEEKEND!!!

It is now November 12th.

Rudy said:
Awesome posts!
I would give everything i had to a friend in trouble, wouldn't take No for an answer. I would hope my friends would do the same. So i guess i am a redneck, even if i have all my teeth!
I agree. Everything I own that could help them out. Money, food, car, anything.
And I do have all of my own teeth. They may be mostly plastic, metal, and ceramic, but I OWN them!

Back