RedBull Air Race

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
I was there at Indy last weekend for a crazy upset at the RedBull Air Race! Anyone else go?

If you do go - the hangar pass is well worth it. I was able to chat with Pete McLeod for the second time. He's hands down my favorite racer and is another Skywagon owner.

Mike Goulian had hometown advantage and brought home 1st place. It was definitely the race to be at to see my favorite two competitors make it onto the podium. If you haven't made it to one, it should be on your bucket list.

Attachments

• IMG_20181007_155932.jpg
    IMG_20181007_155932.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20181006_105115.jpg
    IMG_20181006_105115.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 45
I went to the NY one many years ago. Had the hangar passes one day and took the wife, next day took my dad for fathers day. Was an amazing experience. Got to meet Goulian and he is a heck of a nice guy. Cool to see all the persistence paying off for him this year.

Saw the one in the Texas Motor Speedway a few years ago. That one was kinda nuts. Awesome to watch both days! Supposedly, they weren’t doing it again due to safety issues but I got an email for it again late this fall.

My boss was one of the guys who helped to approve the first one. He’s still surprised they got it though.

Took daughters down to two races in Vegas. High winds canceled championship round one year. Amazing skills and machines on display. Had hangar passes both years and was impressed with the time and attention each crew gave us.

Saw the Indy race on TV. The wife and I enjoyed the show. We went to the race in Vegas a few years ago and it was canceled due to high winds. We showed up Friday and were tailgating in the parking lot. Someone asked us if we had out tickets yet. I said not yet, he handed me 2 weekend ticket passes. So even though we did not get to see the races we got in free to look at the planes walk on the Vegas NASCAR track and talk planes with others. Good trip Just no racing...:(

Buddy and I went over to Carbondale for the fly-in the day before. Got back around midnight, too tired to make the air race. So, still on my bucket list.

I went to the NY one many years ago. Had the hangar passes one day and took the wife, next day took my dad for fathers day. Was an amazing experience. Got to meet Goulian and he is a heck of a nice guy. Cool to see all the persistence paying off for him this year.
I was there as well and took some awesome video of the entire race, as well as some footage of the RedBull helicopter, a BO105, with pilot Chuck Aaron performing aerobatics prior to the start of the race. It was an amazing experience indeed!

After the race, I shook the hand of the winner, Paul Bonhomme and got his autograph. This was after they returned from Linden airport to Liberty State Park via helicopter to receive their trophies.

Back