Recording Flights

nickporter15

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Nick
Does anyone hear record videos of some of their flights? I have a GoPro and I'd like to record some for family to see, but I also wanna get the comms in the video as well. Anyone know of a cheap cord or device that I could this with?

Know of any cheaper alternatives? Broke teenager here lol

From what I understand, you can throw a set of Apple earbuds (I'm sure the other brands work just as well) in one of the cups of your headsets and plug the other end into a microphone jack. Never tried it myself, but I've heard good things.

I don't. I think I've heard there's a cable for an iPhone. If you have one of those you could sell the GoPro and buy an iPhone mount and cable.

Otherwise, ask Santa?

From what I understand, you can throw a set of Apple earbuds (I'm sure the other brands work just as well) in one of the cups of your headsets and plug the other end into a microphone jack. Never tried it myself, but I've heard good things.

I'm not sure earbuds will work but a lapel mic in your headset will work. When I did this before I was only able to get sound from one side of the speakers.

I record some of my flights. I only post a few on YT.

I will never record the audio.

I record some of my flights. I only post a few on YT.

I will never record the audio.

I've been recording both the audio and video using a go-pro. I find the audio valuable in that I can go back and listen to myself trying to explain something to a passenger/student. You can critique your teaching methods that way. Sometimes something I say in the airplane made sense when I said it but I said it in a way that could use some work as it was obvious my passenger didn't understand.

I have an InFlight camera from Sportys..
Expensive-yes
Video? Perfect
Audio-perfect comma/ATC with zero engine noise

Of course I 'used ' to have a GoPro... Until after 150hrs attached to the wing/stabilizer... It decided to 'base jump' with no parachute. Luckily, the entire route was over a huge forest.

I tried putting ear buds in the mic jack yesterday and I threw both buds in the right ear cup of my headset and the recording is crystal clear. ANR headset so it was near perfect.

Back