Record request

N

New guy 12

How long does it take for the FAA to send your medical record once it is requested. I got the request received letter about a month ago but not records yet..

I’m still waiting on my file, I requested back in September

I saw on the licensing side of the house it listed 6-8 weeks. Wondered if medical was the same.

Can I call OKC and ask?

For me, last year, about 5 weeks after the acknowledgement letter.

It took me close to 13 weeks to get mine. I had just written to inquire as to what was happening when it arrived in the mail.

I got mine about a month ago. Took less than 2 weeks. I was quite surprised.

They are trying but the level of congressional funding is absurdly low. I have complained publically that the records are made of unobtainium. It makes the process of evaluating drug and alcohol file, cardiology files....sort of a mockery. I advise the airmen to accept the denial, do not appeal (and get a higher level denial), and when the necessary information appears so that we can evaluate what needs done, we reapply again.

I’ve been waiting 4 months, should I write a followup letter? Any way to speed up the process?

I’ve been waiting 4 months, should I write a followup letter? Any way to speed up the process?
To out of the ordinary, especially if you requested the blue ribbon certified copy

You can, but due to way things operate in OKC, it might take weeks before anyone with the proper authority sees it, and then it might not result in any action.

Not that I am aware of. Record requests are pretty low on the priority totem pole

I can attest to the records being made of unobtainium. I’m at 6 months and still counting. Maybe an uptick in airman who are gaming the VA system and now looking to come clean is bogging down the already saturated system right now.

I put my request in on February 24th, they were mailed May 8th. I didn't have any particular need for them, but just wanted my complete records (had separately done a request for my airmen records as well). Looks like I got a fast line for whatever reason!

I put my request in on February 24th, they were mailed May 8th. I didn't have any particular need for them, but just wanted my complete records (had separately done a request for my airmen records as well). Looks like I got a fast line for whatever reason!
Now that you have them do the following....

Put them in a binder, organized by however you feel helps you the best. Then don't lose that binder
Scan the documents and save the file in several places, such as a cloud service, flash drive, CD-ROM. What matters here is if you lose the paper, you have an electronic version ready. Then no waiting 3-4 months all over again.

Now that you have them do the following....

Put them in a binder, organized by however you feel helps you the best. Then don't lose that binder
Scan the documents and save the file in several places, such as a cloud service, flash drive, CD-ROM. What matters here is if you lose the paper, you have an electronic version ready. Then no waiting 3-4 months all over again.
What's a binder? When I did it, I scanned and shredded the paper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back