Recommended GA Podcasts and Youtube Channels

A_Valkyrie

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
A_Valkyrie
Does anybody have recommended GA podcasts and/or youtube channels? I have been enjoying EAA's Green Dot podcast and also am subscribed to Flight Chops and Mr. Aviation on youtube. I enjoy the content and I also do find myself learning from watching other people fly. What are some other good ones I am missing out on?

Thanks!

All youtubers

LewDixAviation , PA-28's
Matt Guthmiller, Beechcraft
Jerry W, Cessna 310
Steveo1kinevo1, TBM
Premier 1 Driver, Beechcraft Premier 1

Last edited:
Thanks Davecat, I'll be sure to check those out!

Another PA-28'er
Friendly Skies Film

Cirrus Driver, yes a Cirrus

Last edited:
Uncontrolled Airspace podcast

The best podcast out there right now is aviation newstalk by Max Trescott

Fast paced, to the point, focused directly at general aviation.

He's only been doing it for a couple of months, so it is not yet widely known.

The Finer Points by Jason Miller is a good podcast

Stuck Mic Avcast is my favorite. Our very own @RussR is on there as a co-host. Comes out twice monthly

They do a really good job covered all things GA with a focus on training. They have 5-7 co-hosts with varying GA backgrounds and usually have interviews from various GA manufacturers, experts, etc.

Also Flightchops and Premier1Driver on YouTube are very good.

While not quite GA, I find Agent Jay-Z videos, Youtube, informative on how jet engines work.

On occasion he talks about P&W PT6..

His shop is focused on re-purposing aircraft jet engines for the Oil and Gas industry.

Here's a taste

Thanks guys for the recommendations, there is a lot of content here to get through. What is a good way to combine all of these podcasts into one place...is there such a thing? I used to use Google Play but none of these podcasts are on there (Green Dot is).

I love streaming the aviation youtube videos to my TV...its about the only thing I watch anymore.

Thanks guys for the recommendations, there is a lot of content here to get through. What is a good way to combine all of these podcasts into one place...is there such a thing? I used to use Google Play but none of these podcasts are on there (Green Dot is).

I love streaming the aviation youtube videos to my TV...its about the only thing I watch anymore.

I use the Overcast app.

What's wrong with boldmethod? Aside from the guy not blinking in his videos.
their vidoes are all hype, which I get, they are marketing and selling us to their sponsers. But the videos and quizes dont really offer up anything.

This guy has some good videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinsAviation1/videos

their vidoes are all hype, which I get, they are marketing and selling us to their sponsers. But the videos and quizes dont really offer up anything.

I mostly agree but I'd say the quizzes are so basic they are good if it is like Day 1 of your training. after that they don't offer much.

Stuck Mic Avcast is my favorite. Our very own @RussR is on there as a co-host. Comes out twice monthly

They do a really good job covered all things GA with a focus on training. They have 5-7 co-hosts with varying GA backgrounds and usually have interviews from various GA manufacturers, experts, etc.

Thanks! We have a good time.

Subscribed! :)

Thanks! (If you were talking about the Stuck Mic AvCast. If you were talking about The Finer Points, well, Jason Miller does a great job!)

Thanks! We have a good time.

Thanks! (If you were talking about the Stuck Mic AvCast. If you were talking about The Finer Points, well, Jason Miller does a great job!)

Stuckmic is a great podcast! They've even had me on before. I'd be willing to do it again too, hint, hint, RussR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Overcast app.
Another vote for overcast app. One of the advantages of this app is that you can control playback speed, which can almost cut in half the amount of time it takes to listen to a podcast. We can typically listen and understand speech at a much faster rate than it can be spoken.

Stuckmic is a great podcast! They've even had me on before. I'd be willing to do it again too, hint, hint, RussR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love for StucMic to have a little POA panel on a episode. We have quite the knowledge and character base of people we could run the gambit from complex IFR operations to how best to serve cole slaw.

Certain famous (or, perhaps, infamous) channels are notably absent. :D

More YT fodder in no particular order and removing stuff already mentioned:

captmoonbeam (mellow corporate Citation guy out of St Louis)
Friendly Skies Film
Sailing Doodles (the life of a corporate pilot after losing his medical to a stroke)
MikeVictorAviation (ferry pilot I think)
TheGreatFlyer
Air Safety Institute
AvWeb
ATC Memes
FunFlightsHD
askcaptainscott
Aviation Guys
Bahamian Pilot06
Belize Aviation Channel
cockpitts
ExpertAviator
Garry Wing
GeneralAviationGuru
Guido Warnecke
Gyrocopter Girl
h2oski1200
Other People's Airplanes (David Allen is the nicest guy you'll ever meet)
mikeydapilot
popsdory (the music ones are fun and nice backcountry stuff)
Prepped Pilot
SkyWayMan90
slickhutto (best Oshkosh videos every year)
stratobee (who's @stratobee here also!)

And who could forget weefles. Our own @DavidWhite. LOL.

God I hate the internet.

LOL. I figured it was fun on a Friday night.

Hard to believe that was half a decade ago, isn't it? ;)

(Honestly that video always makes me smile. You were having a blast building that time.)

Back