Recommendations in the McKinney TX area

Rykymus

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rykymus
We're about 95% sure we're moving to McKinney TX in January 2018. All that's left is to go there and make sure that the humidity isn't too much for my wife to handle. We'll be there for a week in September, and if my wife doesn't pass out going from air-conditioned building to air-conditioned car, we're moving. (Honestly, it's so damned hot here in the summer, that she can't really spend more than five minutes outside anyway, so, no diff really.)

Assuming we move, I'm planning on flying my plane out in December just to get it out of CA before the new year starts. (CA and San Joaquin county are greedy SOBs, and I don't want to take any chances on getting hit with more property taxes.)

So, I'm looking for recommendations as far as places I might be able to secure the plane for a few months. The closer to McKinney the better, but, since I won't be flying much for the first few months, I don't mind if it's an hour's drive from home. Eventually, I'd like it to be hangared at KTKI, since it's closest, and I prefer towered airports as my home base. Hangar cost isn't an issue, although saving a few bucks never displeases the wife.

I'm also looking for recommendations for APs and IAs, as my next annual will be coming due in April.

Any and all recommendations, both good and bad, are appreciated.

Aero Country and Perrin Field are reasonably close.

Dunno about hangar availability but Aero Country is a nice little airport.

You probably wont find a hangar at either one. TKI is a nice airport. Aero Country is ok, but since its private half the hangars have crap storage or body shops in them instead of airplanes.

Hangars are REALLY limited in this area. Five year waiting lists are common.

That said,try Bonham Jones Field F00. Lance is the airport manager. I just vacated a hangar there. Bonham is about 35 miles from Mckinney. If you find a hangar any closer than that I will be shocked.

As an aside, I have spent a good bit of time in Northern CA and I doubt that you will find North Texas any cooler. Hope you can make it here though. Would love to have you.

Back