Rebate Flight?

Discussion in 'Avionics and Upgrades' started by MBDiagMan, Mar 6, 2019.

1. AK737pilot

AK737pilot Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Chris
    Anyone here do it in Anchorage airspace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Matthew Rogers

Matthew Rogers Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matt R
    Although others have said they got a good rebate flight outside of rule airspace, I did warn that the PAPR report specifically tallies the amount of time in rule airspace. It seems that that is the only hard rule now, the listed maneuvers are not necessary, just whatever gentle turns and stuff you would normally do to waste time in the air. If you don’t have any Mode C, Brave, or Charlie, then certainly climb to 10,500, spend 35 mins up there and come back down.

3. flyingcheesehead

flyingcheesehead Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    iMooniac
    I was in rule airspace for 5-6 minutes at most, but my report specifically states I was in rule airspace for more than 30 minutes... But I did the maneuvers.

Maybe it's one or the other.

4. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Doc
    Okay, I did the flight this morning and got an apparently good PAPR, but no GAIRS was included. Not sure I know where to go from here.

5. kgruber

kgruber En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Skywag
    Email them. The GAIRS report OFTEN doesn't show up.............even with the secret url website. They email back quickly.

For me, they said it wasn't needed.

6. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Doc
    Thanks very much for the response gruber!

If they said you did not need the GAIRS, did you not have to enter the incentive code that was supposed to be provided in that report?

Thanks again!

7. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Doc
    I tried submitting without the incentive code from the GAIRS and it wouldn’t submit.

8. kgruber

kgruber En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Skywag
    When my GAIRS report wouldn't show up and I commented to them by email.......here was their response.

"""GAIRS reports are sent when you request your ADS-B Performance Report from the rebate website rather than the Public Performance Report site. We are providing an override for that requirement so you can claim your rebate directly.

We have cleared your reservation so you can proceed to the rebate claim. Please go to the Rebate Claim page https://adsbrebate.faa.gov/RebateClaim.aspx to complete your rebate request. You will need the Rebate Reservation Number (RR-XXXX-XXXX) provided in your Rebate Reservation confirmation email, but will not need an incentive code.""""

ADS-B Rebate Program Office,
    Federal Aviation Administration
    http://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/
    Have questions? Get answers from our ADS-B Rebate Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/faq/

Read the Program Rules: http://www.faa.gov/nextgen/equipadsb/rebate/media/ADS-B_Rebate_Program_Rules.pdf

9. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Doc
    Gruber. Thanks very much for the help. I tried that link and got the same problem I had before. It sounds as if they cleared something for you specifically. I have an email into them which replied that they would not be back in the office until the nineteenth. There is another member also going out of his way to help. There are some good folks here including yourself. Thanks very much.

At least I have a PAPR with no red marks and have about fifty days left to work it out I 5ink I will get there.

10. Jim_CAK

Jim_CAK Pre-takeoff checklist PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Jim_CAK
    Eventually. As everyone suggested - you should fly per the recommendations. I did not spend enough time in the Class C airspace. I looked up my flight and saw the track so I submitted it. I should have been paying more attention.
    Eventually the flight was approved.
    Here is the first email I got after I submitted:
    A few days later - I got the approval.

At least in our case - we got the rebate without any issues.

11. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Doc
    Glory Hallejuua! I got an email with the incentive code and made a successful submittal.

I flew 2.3 hours this morning including to the Charlie, flying in the Charlie and returning home. Jumping through all the hoops was a lot more trouble than the flight.

Thanks to all of you who responded and helped!

kgruber likes this.
  12. Punkinhead

Punkinhead Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Punkinhead
    My wife and I did the rebate flight for her plane this morning. We just climbed to 10,500 over our little rural airport and putzed around for 35 minutes. No particular maneuvers or anything. I sent the report request and got the automated pass email within seconds.

13. kgruber

kgruber En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Skywag
    Yes! By far the easiest method. cheap...fast...good..........pick any three!