Reason #78590721805 why my fiancée is awesome...

All is usually well when women are running Fiancé . . . its when they install Wife 1.0 that the OS gets real buggy . . . requires lots of reboots and sometimes needs to be replaced entirely . . . hopefully before you go to Mistress or Girl Friend 2.0 because if Wife 1.0 discovers that subroutine its will stop all further activities . . .

Try being married to someone who sells insurance for a living. She made sure to up my coverage before I took my checkride.

Does it cover you when operating an aircraft? Most do not except with riders.

All is usually well when women are running Fiancé . . . its when they install Wife 1.0 that the OS gets real buggy . . . requires lots of reboots and sometimes needs to be replaced entirely . . . hopefully before you go to Mistress or Girl Friend 2.0 because if Wife 1.0 discovers that subroutine its will stop all further activities . . .
privett is on wife 5.0, finally one that runs in a stable manner

Congrats!! My lovely bride told me that I should be looking into buying owe own as well. I believe it was the same day we were walking out of the Harley dealership. We just bought my new 2013 ultra classic limited.

Edit: My bride has been my bride for over 19 years.

We're sitting on the couch the other day and she says to me, "Someday, we will own an airplane. We may have to live in a smaller house and drive older cars, but we WILL get the airplane you want."

Somebody pinch me! :)

attachment.php

Well be aware that some of the guys might arm wrestle over her. :D They about did over my girlfriend.

Congrats. She very pretty.

Does it cover you when operating an aircraft? Most do not except with riders.

It does. She works for State Farm, so she made sure of it. Since I got the policy before I passed the checkride, being a pilot has no exclusions. If anybody is wondering, State Farm does cover pilots, but you will pay a higher premium.

Whatever you do, don't show her any car accident pictures.

Or mall shootings.

Or people that tripped while hiking the Grand Canyon.

She may never leave the house again.

For some reason the driving is ok, even with all the crashes!! Was it Ericka Jong who wrote "fear of flying". ?

If he plays his cards right, this could be an excuse to upgrade to a larger/faster plane :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Well, I've been taking her all over the place in the Mooney - Maryland, Myrtle Beach, Florida, the Bahamas, and of course the trip back to WI from WA when we picked it up. Hopefully by now she's used to the performance it has and won't accept anything less. ;)

Unfortunately, all the parents live relatively close, so "goin' to grandma's house on the weekends" doesn't make for a good excuse for a faster airplane in this case. I guess we need to move to TX or something. :no:

I have a keeper wife and we have been going for 36 years. I crossed girls off my list if they wouldn't go flying with me (or their dads wouldn't let them). But a few years ago I made the mistake of showing my wife this picture where 2 folks died, one of whom she knew the family. Now she is too scared to go up, even though I am careful in the pattern when I approach to landing.

Show her this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osocGiofdvc

and ask if she's unwilling to drive across freeway bridges.

Show her these and ask if she's giving up driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnxhNpim1Po&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Attachments

• suv.jpg
    suv.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 11
I have a keeper wife and we have been going for 36 years. I crossed girls off my list if they wouldn't go flying with me (or their dads wouldn't let them). But a few years ago I made the mistake of showing my wife this picture where 2 folks died, one of whom she knew the family. Now she is too scared to go up, even though I am careful in the pattern when I approach to landing.

...and you're still married to her?

If he plays his cards right, this could be an excuse to upgrade to a larger/faster plane :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
it was the opposite for us, wife said 2 kids was enough so i said we're getting rid of the PA32 lead sled and getting something with 4 seats that goes faster

it was the opposite for us, wife said 2 kids was enough so i said we're getting rid of the PA32 lead sled and getting something with 4 seats that goes faster

I said no more than two unless she wants to buy me a bigger plane

Yeah, we'll likely stick to two for that and other reasons. ;)

My wife wanted 2 kids, a boy and a girl, in that order. That's what we had. Who am I to disappoint her? :D

Now, about buying a plane. My wife likes the cost structure of belonging to the club much better.

My wife wanted 2 kids, a boy and a girl, in that order. That's what we had. Who am I to disappoint her? :D

Now, about buying a plane. My wife likes the cost structure of belonging to the club much better.

Funny. My wife wanted three kids. I concurred.

Then, we realized we would need a bigger plane. Two kids, it is! :D

1 kid has us thinking the 310 is no longer adequate.........

It does. She works for State Farm, so she made sure of it. Since I got the policy before I passed the checkride, being a pilot has no exclusions. If anybody is wondering, State Farm does cover pilots, but you will pay a higher premium.

There's a two year period where they can cancel for any reason, Federal law. If you've had the policy two years, you're on solid ground.

There's a two year period where they can cancel for any reason, Federal law. If you've had the policy two years, you're on solid ground.

I'm good:thumbsup:. She never heard of that rule, but she didn't say it couldn't exist. I would expect nothing less from our government.

Well be aware that some of the guys might arm wrestle over her. :D They about did over my girlfriend.

Congrats. She very pretty.

Ha!

She sat at the Charmers' Table; between Steve, Dave, Wayne and me, she had plenty of attention. We rather enjoyed her company.

No arm-wrestling, though; I know Steve could kick my backside, pretty certain Dave and Wayne could, too. :D

Lets hear about the race cars...:yesnod:

Ok you asked...

We have two dirt midgets, one spec miata, one 24 Hours of Lemons Eagle Talon, and a 1957 Chevy Stock car.

Attachments

• 313501_10150786534045371_1976572110_n.jpg
    313501_10150786534045371_1976572110_n.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 37907_1334530724193_1285085_n.jpg
    37907_1334530724193_1285085_n.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 308516_10150349899384495_738857025_n.jpg
    308516_10150349899384495_738857025_n.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 533010_3367521201652_1447969155_n.jpg
    533010_3367521201652_1447969155_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 9
I have a "family of three" and we've maxed out the Baron many times.
How do you do that?

I have a B55 and a family of 4....with the exception of not having room for some particularly bulky items, I am having trouble seeing it. And before I bought the Baron, I spent a lot of time picking Ted's brain on the 310. Seems like it would have plenty of room too.

How do you do that?

I have a B55 and a family of 4....with the exception of not having room for some particularly bulky items, I am having trouble seeing it. And before I bought the Baron, I spent a lot of time picking Ted's brain on the 310. Seems like it would have plenty of room too.
Two typical full up trip examples:

1) Taking the daughter to college: 30 pr shoes, 8 purses, 65 lbs books, fridge, microwave, TV, X-box, rug, bicycle, lots of clothes, and stuff I didn't bother to ID.

2) Returning from Florida:

Dog & kennel, water ski and gear, some dive gear, 40 lbs of school books, 80 lbs of oranges, clothes for 3 for two weeks in 4 suitcases, a couple RC heli's, a couple electronic projects to work on, oscilloscope and misc tools, food for the trip.

1) Taking the daughter to college: 30 pr shoes, 8 purses, 65 lbs books, fridge, microwave, TV, X-box, rug, bicycle, lots of clothes, and stuff I didn't bother to ID.

Ha. Having just moved Karen's shoe collection from the old house to the new, I can attest to the fact that they would over gross or use up all available space in the 182 if it were the mode of conveyance.

Luckily they didn't do either to the 8x18 cargo trailer with the upgraded 10,000 dual axel and heavy duty electric brakes. ;) ;) ;)

Dog & kennel, water ski and gear, some dive gear, 40 lbs of school books, 80 lbs of oranges, clothes for 3 for two weeks in 4 suitcases, a couple RC heli's, a couple electronic projects to work on, oscilloscope and misc tools, food for the trip.
Traveling light?
I have a '96 Suburban I have taken on numerous two week vacations with my SO and have often filled it to the rafters on the return trip. Amazing what crap you can accumulate in a short time. I often thought of building a packing crate about the size of the 'burb and calling a local shipper to move it between places. Then we really could use the plane for the trip.

Okay, I can see that....I guess I ruled out loads like that when I decided I couldn't afford the care and feeding of the DC-3.

Traveling light?
I have a '96 Suburban I have taken on numerous two week vacations with my SO and have often filled it to the rafters on the return trip. Amazing what crap you can accumulate in a short time. I often thought of building a packing crate about the size of the 'burb and calling a local shipper to move it between places. Then we really could use the plane for the trip.

We have come back from OSH in Atlas, our Pathfinder, with more stuff on board than would fit in our Subaru Outback wagon, with the seats folded down. What took one trip in the plane took two in the station wagon.

A 1460 pound useful load rocks.

Onve you actually get married, she stops being *nice* and starts being your wife.....

We have come back from OSH in Atlas, our Pathfinder, with more stuff on board than would fit in our Subaru Outback wagon, with the seats folded down. What took one trip in the plane took two in the station wagon.

A 1460 pound useful load rocks.
It's not unusual for us to require two vehicles making the trip from home to airport so we can bring everything along we "need".

Possession is 90% of the law or something like that. Make sure you own a plane the day you get married, doesn't have to be the mooney.

My wife still claims she was misled about my affliction, she claims that she knew about the skydiving but figured I would grow out of it (which I did).

Back