Real value of an airplane for sale.

Let me understand.

Buyers made offers of $xxx and you accepted the offers?

Buyers then travelled to complete the previously agreed contract?

You failed to live up to the contract multiple times?

You are lucky somebody did not drag you into court for damages or to force completion of the contract. You should publicly disclose your information here to save other buyers from entering into contracts with you.
110k plane and a 35k offer sight-unseen. yes. and it felt great.

As the old adage goes...a verbal contract is worth the paper it's written on.

A number of years ago the Marketing Director for a company I worked for asked me "Do you know the difference between sales and marketing?"
"No" I said.
He said "The marketing department KNOWS when they are lying to you."

John

Seen this one around the office:

dd0341a06cba01301d46001dd8b71c47

Clean logs and no damage history I assume. :) Contents included.

All he had to do was fly all of the contents to a small grass strip in South Texas, go eat lunch, and not say a word.

Good deal if you do not get caught.;)

Pay for a NAAA Certified Appraisal

You can do a fairly close estimate using the NAAA link on Trade A Plane. Database is not as complete and the big thing is judging the paint and interior. NAAA is VERY tight on those parameters.

Will they guarantee the plane will sell for that amount if I were to flip it the next day?

Sounds like a waste of money for those of us who are too lazy to check the comps and have more $$ than mental hardware.

It is just a business transaction, nothing personal. If the Seller told me to "pound sand", I would not be interested in dealing with the seller.

Keep in mind, the Seller wants my money, just as the Buyer wants the airplane. They are both equal in the transaction. Some seller getting all "pizzed" and eliminating buyers just hurts his value to the airplane.

The value of the buyer's money remains constant.

And, with 182's, luckily, the Buyer can just move on to the next one.

Exactly, and remember, there are more people in the world who want your money then his plane.

No, your examples are of people who are simply convincing someone of something they believe in. That's easy, and honest.

A good salesman, on the other hand, must be able to convince somebody to buy a product that they don't believe in.

That is not accurate,

I'm in the Computer and Real Estate business and the most successful people I have seen in sales are the people that believe in the product. If you truly believe in something you will put in the time necessary to be successful. If you only half believe in something you will be waiting until 5:00pm and complain about why it's not working out.

That is not accurate,

I'm in the Computer and Real Estate business and the most successful people I have seen in sales are the people that believe in the product. If you truly believe in something you will put in the time necessary to be successful. If you only half believe in something you will be waiting until 5:00pm and complain about why it's not working out.

+1

You have to believe not only in the product/service you are selling, but also the customer's need for it. Selling stuff that does not meet the customer's need (and they define that) won't get you much repeat business.

They vary so much depending on condition, hours, avionics & maintainence level. The same year aircraft can vary by tens of thousands, and be realistic.

Yeah, you can get a 'great deal' by getting an old craft, weak on maintainence, with original, squealing radios, NOT!!

I sorta have a plane for sale now. One guy told me, 'I can get that plane for cheaper elsewhere'. I said if so, go do it.

Hey Mr Banker, I found a house to buy. The sellers wants XX and I am willing to pay X, it's in a good neighborhood. Loan me the money please....what? You won't Loan me the money without proof that the house (or airplane) is truly worth that much? But, But the guys at the airport and a Trade A Plane say that it is a fair price.....what do you mean by a CERTIFIED APPRASIAL? I thought that meant I was just too lazy or cheap to do my own work! You don't care when it comes to to opinions of your buddies, this is business.

110k plane and a 35k offer sight-unseen. yes. and it felt great.

Wow. That's... bold. If you didn't want to deal with plane buyers, just use a broker next time. Let them deal with the *******s.

Some are too casual. The guy I bought an airplane from said he and his mechanic went down to Georgia to look at it. After giving it a compression test and flying it, they were back at his hangar. The owner came in and said "I have to go down to New Orleans, if you like the plane, leave me a check for it in the top drawer and just fly it home" and he signed the docs and left in a hurry. That plane had an unreleased lien when discovered when I sold it. (i was able to clear it up). Now that's a bit too easy.

Back