Real Pilot Story: Powerless Over Paris, TX

Great story with a wonderful outcome. Thanks for sharing.

cool story... I really like those "real pilot stories" wish they came out more frequently...

I really like those "real pilot stories" wish they came out more frequently...
I don't. I would prefer it if most flights were uneventful and didn't have much story behind them.

I don't. I would prefer it if most flights were uneventful and didn't have much story behind them.

You boneheads really think I meant I wanted more incidents to occur so there were more videos!??!?!?!??!!? How idiotic and asinine are you?

I have several phone numbers stored in my cell just in case this happens to me.

Nah, I hope it IS me telling the next story. That will mean I survived.

Nah, I hope it IS me telling the next story. That will mean I survived.
It’s much better to be in a Real Pilot Story than an Accident Case Study!

Most flights are uneventful. But a percentage of them are not. I read @FlySince9’s comment as one I agree with: It would be nice if every eventful flight could be made into a short, educational, and well-produced video like the Real Pilot Stories and Accident Case Studies series. I often have 5 or 10 minutes of time to kill and like to use those short blocks of time to become a safer pilot by learning from others so that, if I ever do have an emergency, it’s the Real Pilot Story kind of outcome.

I think he went through a fatalist period at the nadir, ref calling family to say goodbye.
The engine was running, he had some gas still, and places to go. I hope I want to fight til the end.

Back