RDU Fish Fry SAT, May 23, 2009

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Who's coming? I need a head count! Yeah, I know it's on memorial day, but that means you can fly here AND still have two days to do something else! :D

Tom wish i could make it but i'm on call that weekend. Maybe next one
Dave G

EDIT: Updated list

Ok, now it's:

Kimmy
Av
Lance
Roger
Ken
etsisk
JJ Greenwire and Mrs. Greenwire and (guest!)
Amelia
Jeff (Jmagger) and Jeannette
David (aviator4fn)
Justin (Skymaster)
Highwinger (maybe!)
Brook (hpnflygirl)
Marty B and Chase B (in a VERY clean Bo!)
plus some folks from my flying club, I expect...

Last edited:
ok, 2315 hours 5/15 it's:

Kimmy
Av
Lance
Roger
Ken
etsisk
JJ Greenwire and Mrs. Greenwire
Amelia
Jeff (Jmagger) and Jeannette
David (aviator4fn)
Justin (Skymaster)
Highwinger (maybe!)
Brook (hpnflygirl)
Kelvin (KTD) and Karen
Midlife Mark and Mrs. Midlife Mark
plus some folks from my flying club, I expect...

Last edited:
This is one of those things that goes "Bump" in the night! :D

Sorry, but having done Wings last weekend, we're driving up to C02 to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Then the Clow (1C5) Cavalcade of Planes 6/6 & 7, followed by Gaston's!

The weather is cooperating, I'm happy to say, with the rain staying away until Sunday, looks like! I've just talked with TACAir and it's a go! :D

Ok, everything is a go:

Food is ordered:
fried catfish
fried Calabash style shrimp
green beans, slaw, boiled potatoes, baked beans
hushpuppies, rolls
banana pudding
iced tea
Plus I'm going to be making gumbo (unless something happens! :eek:)

The lunch will be held at TAC Air (tell ground that's where ya want to go) which is at the arrival end of 23L.

When you come in, call TAC Air on 131.00 and tell 'em you're coming in to eat fish for lunch with Tom. :D (they'll be parking us all together to facilitate drooling and admiration of airplanes amongst the lot of us) If you buy fuel, there's no ramp fee and you get a 25 cent per gallon discount on the fuel. Which still doesn't make it cheap, but makes it cheaper. :)

Try and arrive between 10 and 11 a.m. - the food should get here around 1145 and we'll be eating shortly thereafter! :)

Blech. There is not a single thing on that menu I would eat. Too bad, because I am not doing anything this weekend now.

Blech. There is not a single thing on that menu I would eat. Too bad, because I am not doing anything this weekend now.
Well, you could always start your own flyin!

Oh, that's right. You did! :)

Gosh, Ed, thank you SO much for sharing. :no:

:rolleyes:

I could give you the number for the bbq place and you could call in an order to be delivered with the rest of the food. :)

The food will get there around 1230 - I backed it off a bit so folks who are a bit weatherstrung can have a little bit more elbow room.

If it were a dinner rather than lunch, could possibly make it...and if the weather is too bad to fly to Minnesota since we have plans to go to a graduation there tomorrow.

Someday there will be a get-together we can make it to other than Gaston's and gatherings in our part of the country...this just isn't one of them.

Have fun, y'all.

I'm looking forward to being there!

It was fun - some folks were expected and didn't show, so I hope they chime in and let us know that they're ok!! :eek: Food got dismantle and we talked for hours, so I reckon it was a success! :)

A success it was. Very glad I was able to attend! Thanks Tom.

Brook, great pics...I love the finger pointing and the contrail pic. Great picture of Jeff too.

I had a great time seeing everyone again...and meeting new people.

Thanks, Tom, for doing the heavy lifting...you're the greatest!

Wish I could've made it, looks like you all had a blast! Maybe next year!

It was fun - some folks were expected and didn't show, so I hope they chime in and let us know that they're ok!! :eek: Food got dismantle and we talked for hours, so I reckon it was a success! :)

I had gotten wind of this, but looked in "Cool places to fly," didn't see it listed, and figured my info was wrong or maybe it had been cancelled.

Maybe I'm a dork, but I never thought to look in hangar talk for fly-in information. :confused::confused::confused:

Glad y'all had fun!

Really, though, folks should at least mention fly-ins in the "cool places to fly" forum.

:rolleyes:

You're right, Bill - should have put it in there, too. :) Did you not know it was happening?

I had gotten wind of this, but looked in "Cool places to fly," didn't see it listed, and figured my info was wrong or maybe it had been cancelled.

Maybe I'm a dork, but I never thought to look in hangar talk for fly-in information. :confused::confused::confused:

Glad y'all had fun!

Really, though, folks should at least mention fly-ins in the "cool places to fly" forum.

I was wondering why you and/or Brent didn't make it. I thought maybe the Mooney wasn't ready yet.

I was wondering why you and/or Brent didn't make it. I thought maybe the Mooney wasn't ready yet.

The Mooney was back in service last Friday, flew it home from the mechanic Friday night.

Judging by Brooke's pretty pictures, looks like you guys had a nice spring day there.

Thanks Rich.

I was playing around in photoshop last night and saw it had photomerge. I decided to take some shots of my office at work today and play around in PS CS2 when I came home tonight. Not the greatest merge but I thought you guys might like to see my screensaver at work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpnflygirl/3594336516/

And yes...as Tom said....it was a perfect for it.

Thanks Rich.

I was playing around in photoshop last night and saw it had photomerge. I decided to take some shots of my office at work today and play around in PS CS2 when I came home tonight. Not the greatest merge but I thought you guys might like to see my screensaver at work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpnflygirl/3594336516/

And yes...as Tom said....it was a perfect for it.

Is there a way to view that image larger? When I click the link above, I only see a fairly small version of it.

Back