RC Allen Electronic instruments

Gmonnig

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Grant
Has anyone been thinking about adding the RC Allen Electronic DG and AI to their panel? All the talk about Garmin's G5 and Dynon D10, it seems like nobody is chatting about RC Allen. I like how they fit into the 3" holes and look really clean. No protruding screens and I particularly like the less clutter of the RC stuff. If you have to have a steam-gauge airspeed and altimeter in the panel, I don't see a lot of need for speed tapes/alt tapes. I'm thinking of ways to get rid of the vacuum system and this looks to be a viable way.

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/article/rc-allen-introduces-electronic-dg-match-hsi/

Has anyone been thinking about adding the RC Allen Electronic DG and AI to their panel? All the talk about Garmin's G5 and Dynon D10, it seems like nobody is chatting about RC Allen. I like how they fit into the 3" holes and look really clean. No protruding screens and I particularly like the less clutter of the RC stuff. If you have to have a steam-gauge airspeed and altimeter in the panel, I don't see a lot of need for speed tapes/alt tapes. I'm thinking of ways to get rid of the vacuum system and this looks to be a viable way.

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/article/rc-allen-introduces-electronic-dg-match-hsi/

I like the looks of thier stuff but the price point vs functionallity isn't there yet. The Garmin units have airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, heading/track just for example.

Are the RC Allen units electrically driven moving gyros or solid state gyros?

Yeah, I'm interested in the RCA2600 with no mechanical gyros and the soon to be released Digial DG. They also have an emergency 1hr backup battery. I just thought it looked like a clean install that would look good in the Comanche. I'll check in with them at Oshkosh to see how it all would work. Might still have issues with the heading bug for the S-Tec 30 autopilot.

Back