Rant/ why can't people do what they say

Tarheelpilot

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tarheelpilot
just a random venting on the internet. I just can't understand why it is so hard for people to just do what they commit to doing. People suck.

There must be a story behind this.

But yeah, people mostly suck.

Most people suck... I don't suck, I always do what I am supposed to do.

So, to make this aviation related, what are your thoughts on NASA ASRS forms.

Are these forms just for those other people who suck, and not for you?

Should those of us who fill out the form begin our statement by admitting "I suck ..."?

Should those of us who fill out the form begin our statement by admitting "I suck ..."?

LOL! I don't know because I will never fill one of those stupid forms out :)

Like when people say they'll call you back and they don't follow through, especially those in professional positions.

One of my pet peeves.

I should offer seminars on the subject.

Ranting that is.

Broken contracts and lost money. No bleeding though. The significant geographic displacement between the involved parties helped in that regard.

Of course not. That would be ridiculous. Where did you get such an idea?

You start the form with "I'm the schmuck who..."

I think you need to watch "invasion USA"

Nobody can be sad or mad after watching chuck Norris save the country from evil doers!

I'll investigate your concern and get back to you in a couple hours.

why can't people do what they say

Because:
-it is easier to blab a promise than it is to do something - ie people are by nature and in a large part, lazy.
-to get you out of their face so they can move on with things they really want to do; ie a dismissive act which is quite often successful.

IOW........ actually the words of a deceased acquaintance, "People are no damned good."

Broken contracts and lost money. No bleeding though. The significant geographic displacement between the involved parties helped in that regard.

Sorry to read this. But as a friend once told me while I was still a student pilot, "A lot of aviation folks are friendly, but there's more flakes in aviation than in any other activity."

While I don't want to believe it, I have had my dealings with failed promises, broken contracts, and sizable financial loss. Just chalk it up to experience and look fondly upon the GOOD people in aviation. I know it's easier said than done, but hopefully surrounding yourself with aviation related (or minded) friends will help keep you away from the flakes.

just a random venting on the internet. I just can't understand why it is so hard for people to just do what they commit to doing. People suck.

They're doing you a favor.

It's like my grandfather used to say: "If you loan a friend $20 and you never see him again it'll be the best $20 you ever spent."

Sorry to read this. But as a friend once told me while I was still a student pilot, "A lot of aviation folks are friendly, but there's more flakes in aviation than in any other activity."

While I don't want to believe it, I have had my dealings with failed promises, broken contracts, and sizable financial loss. Just chalk it up to experience and look fondly upon the GOOD people in aviation. I know it's easier said than done, but hopefully surrounding yourself with aviation related (or minded) friends will help keep you away from the flakes.

More flakes in aviation than in any other activity? No. Here's at least five that beat us by a long shot.

1. Religion
2. Politics
3. Show business
4. Pro sports
5. Media.

All you people saying most people suck need to sit down with my girlfriend and tell her that

"A lot of aviation folks are friendly, but there's more flakes in aviation than in any other activity."

Your friend has never been a musician. The flakeness displayed by some of those folks will blow your mind.

A: "Ok. See you tomorrow at 3:00PM"
B: [next day on the phone] "Hey I've been waiting here at the studio since 3:00PM. Where are you?"
A: "I thought we were meeting next week"
B: "You failed the audition. Good luck to you."
A: "Dude, bro. You're not cool. Blah Blah. My car is out of gas. Blah Blah. Mom kicked me out. Blah. Day job. Blah."

True story.

Last edited:
Right now, I am DAMN glad a certain person who lives in a light colored house in a big eastern city isn't doing (or can't do)'what he once said he would.

Your friend has never been a musician. The flakeness displayed by some of those folks will blow your mind.

A: "Ok. See you tomorrow at 3:00PM"
B: [next day on the phone] "Hey I've been waiting here at the studio since 3:00PM. Where are you?"
A: "I thought we were meeting next week"
B: "You failed the audition. Good luck to you."
A: "Dude, bro. You're not cool. Blah Blah. My car is out of gas. Blah Blah. Mom kicked me out. Blah. Day job. Blah."

True story.

Sounds like material from which you could write one of those C&W laments. The only thing missing is his dog didn't leave him. Yet.

Back