Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
So, there I was...

Let's try this again. I'm all suited up in my biking clothes, sporting the winter riding pants that suggests that I am of a religion that I am actually not, a thermal long sleeve poly shirt, and the windbreaker even, and check the weather on the computer. WX looks good, save for the chill, winds are from the north, 5 kts. I like to ride north when the winds are from the north, because that means I get a tailwind coming back. Otherwise, I would rather ride to the south. I don't ride the same route every day, but I do frequent the burger place to the north because of the burgers, and, well, also, my Burger Girls. I believe Burger Girl Laura is working today. I like talking to Burger Girl Laura. Burger Girl Laura is a curvy little nubile Latina. If only things were different. To the south, there is a salad place. They don't treat me as well as the Burger Girls do, but it's a decent place. I do not look at the tatted up hipster with the beard and nose rings slicing the tri tip for my salad the same way I look at Burger Girl Laura.

Wait: Critical item. Set Strava to start recording the ride. If it ain't on Strava, it didn't happen, and the inability to shamelessly gloat over my riding accomplishment over the Internet (like anyone cares anyway, right?) completely negates the main purpose of the ride. The second I press the Home button on my phone to unlock it, a message flashes across the screen:

37 minutes to Habit Burger

What.... The.... Hell.... How presumptive! I didn't tell my telephone where I was going! I didn''t tell Strava where I was going! I mean yeah, I'm going there, but... I might have gone someplace else! How did it know? Maybe it knew the weather? Maybe it knew Burger Girl Laura was working today, even though I don't have her digits?

Rewind: I'm sitting there in my office (not wearing spandex displaying the configuration of my junk) but I am wearing pants, thinking. Should I go directly home, or should I stop off at the pub first? Normally I would stop off at the pub, but, alas, no, not today. The instant I turn my car on, and the telephone connects with it via Bluetooth, is the message flashing across the screen:

42 minutes to home. Use I-80.

You can't be serious! No way! What's up with this? How did it know I was going directly home? The time of day I'm leaving perhaps? If I was going to the pub, I would have left maybe twenty minutes later.

Someone is stalking you. Call the authorities.

ab97f2e9674751baba91e920da45eec8--stalker-girlfriend-psycho-girlfriend.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a basic flip phone, then, uh, WOW! If you have a newer “smart phone” then you just learned why they are referred to as such. Welcome to the world.

my three thoughts:

1) what happens at habit burger stays at habit burger. go for it!
2) stop stalking burger girl laura
3) if your phone was so 'smart', it would tell you to stop wearing those goofy looking clothes

This wasn’t a rant. This was a cry of ignorance in a technological jungle. It’s Brave New World time and Sac can’t answer the bell. At least he didn’t just mail this one in...

LOL. There is still hope for mankind.

Every time I get in my truck to leave the office at the end of the day my so-called 'smart' phone flashes up the time and directions to get me home. The only problem is the fastest route is 40 minutes on the secondary highways along the foothills, and the phone wants me to take "one hour and six minutes" with a significant detour East to the main highway.

Can't hardly wait for the iPhone XIV with AI. It'll probably route me home via the gates of Hell.

my three thoughts:

1) what happens at habit burger stays at habit burger. go for it!
2) stop stalking burger girl laura
3) if your phone was so 'smart', it would tell you to stop wearing those goofy looking clothes

I'm trying to decide if 1 and 2 are actually mutually exclusive, or if the manner in which Sac implements 2 supports achieving 1? :confused: o_O
Questions, questions...

I'm trying to decide if 1 and 2 are actually mutually exclusive, or if the manner in which Sac implements 2 supports achieving 1? :confused: o_O
Questions, questions...

Yeah I think Sac is in #2 stage in quest of #1.

So, there I was...

Let's try this again. I'm all suited up in my biking clothes, sporting the winter riding pants that suggests that I am of a religion that I am actually not, a thermal long sleeve poly shirt, and the windbreaker even, and check the weather on the computer. WX looks good, save for the chill, winds are from the north, 5 kts. I like to ride north when the winds are from the north, because that means I get a tailwind coming back. Otherwise, I would rather ride to the south. I don't ride the same route every day, but I do frequent the burger place to the north because of the burgers, and, well, also, my Burger Girls. I believe Burger Girl Laura is working today. I like talking to Burger Girl Laura. Burger Girl Laura is a curvy little nubile Latina. If only things were different. To the south, there is a salad place. They don't treat me as well as the Burger Girls do, but it's a decent place. I do not look at the tatted up hipster with the beard and nose rings slicing the tri tip for my salad the same way I look at Burger Girl Laura.

Sure glad to hear that.

Wait: Critical item. Set Strava to start recording the ride. If it ain't on Strava, it didn't happen, and the inability to shamelessly gloat over my riding accomplishment over the Internet (like anyone cares anyway, right?) completely negates the main purpose of the ride. The second I press the Home button on my phone to unlock it, a message flashes across the screen:

37 minutes to Habit Burger

What.... The.... Hell.... How presumptive! I didn't tell my telephone where I was going! I didn''t tell Strava where I was going! I mean yeah, I'm going there, but... I might have gone someplace else! How did it know? Maybe it knew the weather? Maybe it knew Burger Girl Laura was working today, even though I don't have her digits?

Rewind: I'm sitting there in my office (not wearing spandex displaying the configuration of my junk) but I am wearing pants, thinking. Should I go directly home, or should I stop off at the pub first? Normally I would stop off at the pub, but, alas, no, not today. The instant I turn my car on, and the telephone connects with it via Bluetooth, is the message flashing across the screen:

42 minutes to home. Use I-80.

You can't be serious! No way! What's up with this? How did it know I was going directly home? The time of day I'm leaving perhaps? If I was going to the pub, I would have left maybe twenty minutes later.

You do know that Google is building a couple of huge Artificial Intelligence engines, right?

I’d upload a pic of HAL, but I’m having some technical difficulties.... hmmmm....

Ordinarily, I would have one burger and a salad for lunch, but that day I was 87 miles in to a 110 mile ride.

LOL. There is still hope for mankind.

Every time I get in my truck to leave the office at the end of the day my so-called 'smart' phone flashes up the time and directions to get me home. The only problem is the fastest route is 40 minutes on the secondary highways along the foothills, and the phone wants me to take "one hour and six minutes" with a significant detour East to the main highway.

Can't hardly wait for the iPhone XIV with AI. It'll probably route me home via the gates of Hell.

Only if the Gates of Hell paid for advertising.

The next time my phone gives me the time and route to the place it thinks I'm going, I'm going to go someplace else just to see what happens.

The next time my phone gives me the time and route to the place it thinks I'm going, I'm going to go someplace else just to see what happens.

Be careful trying to mess with your phone’s perception of your tendencies. You never know how it might end up. It could presume that you have a tendency to gaze longingly at the bearded hipster dude and trick you into going there when you really want to stock you belly full of salmonella-coated lettuce burgers. Then your phone will post your tendencies on Spacebook and such. Totally embarrassing, right?

It’ll just report the sudden change of behavior to your parole officer. :)

We frequent the same bars in Denton TX.
She is very nice.

Back