Rant: FAI

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
Argh, First article inspections. And people wonder why hammers cost $5k.

ARGH!

Aren't they fun? We have to check every dimension shown on the drawing, for each cavity. Doesn't sound too bad, but sometimes i have 32 cavities to check. All must be in tolerance, plus the Cpk anakysis must be in. Or start over . . .

Aren't they fun? We have to check every dimension shown on the drawing, for each cavity. Doesn't sound too bad, but sometimes i have 32 cavities to check. All must be in tolerance, plus the Cpk anakysis must be in. Or start over . . .

Cavity checks are never fun.

For a second there I thought you were having a problem with aviation records, i.e., Fédération Aéronautique Internationale. I guess I hung out with the NAA guys far too long.

Been bombed with orders requiring AS9102 FAI. Gotta love 17 page drawings, have to have documentation to support every note and dimension on every page. ARGH!!!! And folks wonder where stuff like this comes from.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-07-30/news/vw-18804_1_nut

It's not just FAI. It's all the gates, intermediate inspections, design reviews, conformance checks, LRIP, etc. etc. If it's "allowable" it adds to the cost.

Argh, First article inspections. And people wonder why hammers cost $5k.

ARGH!

Try delivery inspections with a certain pacific rim country....Asking why there are 3 blue washers, 17 gold washers and 5 gray ones installed in an assembly, and what engineering documentation allows it? That along with dozens of pages of similar questions.

Back