[rant]1.571[/rant]

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
IMG_3514.JPG

SERIOUSLY???

WTF? They even have a plastic package for half a pie! This is arguably even worse than the donut cutters! I don't understand the market for this. This packaging quantity has no use. If one only wants a single pie serving, this isn't going to work (and this store does sell the single Hostess square pies that are so yummy.) If piggly wiggly plans on eating a half a pie, you know damn well he (or she) will get two halves anyway.

i would like the option of buying a half of a pie.if i had a whole one i would eat it. must eat in moderation

You cant buy a whole pie with EBT credits.

Well this is either bye bye American pie, or...

brilliant marketing. Because you can now buy a whole pie in two flavors, or even two pies with 4 flavors.

Well this is either bye bye American pie, or...

brilliant marketing. Because you can now buy a whole pie in two flavors, or even two pies with 4 flavors.

Or 2 halves of the same pie, for a whole pie. Or 3 halves of the same pie, in case ya want a pie and a half. :rolleyes: :)

speaking of American Pie, this kind of makes the 'like warm apple pie' thing a bit more challenging.

As a kid I always loved riding the mechanical horse in front of the Piggly Wiggly.....I think it cost a whole nickel.... The fun things I did as a kid of the early 60s.....

PW%20100th%20Logo.png

Sac has apparently not seen the quarter-pie sized packages of pie some places sell.

I'm thinking the @Sac Arrow half pie is better for people that are poor in math and don't understand that a whole 6" pie is half of a whole 9" pie.

Back when I was a kid and I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted, I used to buy whole pies and just eat them. Whole, as in don't slice it, just hold it and eat it.

The market is us DINKs. The two of us don't need a whole pie in our diet but we'd like some pie once in a while.

Unfortunately these contraptions haven't shown up yet around here so we end up eating a whole pie.

The market is us DINKs. The two of us don't need a whole pie in our diet but we'd like some pie once in a while.

Unfortunately these contraptions haven't shown up yet around here so we end up eating a whole pie.
I can get away with the buying the single-serving wedges, and cutting them in half for two desserts. ;)

I can get away with the buying the single-serving wedges, and cutting them in half for two desserts. ;)

Heheh yeah. I hear ya. I shouldn't be eating pie at all these days.

All of Sacs posts about office donuts are just a bummer since I just stay out of the office kitchen on purpose whenever the email / chat room notice goes around that there's donuts or other goodies in there.

Do miss the days of stuffing half a pie in my face and not gaining any weight.

Ha! I couldn't do that. I'd get as far as cutting it in two, eat one, and then go get the other one and eat it. So, I just don't buy 'em.

Hear hear! And Whoppers, Big Macs...:(

Back when I was a skinny bottomless pit I remember two bets.

One was that on $2 Quarter Pounder day at McDs that I couldn't eat four of them. I did.

The other was that I couldn't eat two Chipotle burritos in a single sitting. I did.

LOL. Not a chance I'd do either one ever again, even on a bet.

Oh yeah, in both cases the bet was the lunch tab. Hahaha. The Quarter Pounder guy got off easy. The Chipotle guy coughed up some coin.

Back when I was a skinny bottomless pit I remember two bets.

One was that on $2 Quarter Pounder day at McDs that I couldn't eat four of them. I did.

The other was that I couldn't eat two Chipotle burritos in a single sitting. I did.

LOL. Not a chance I'd do either one ever again, even on a bet.

Oh yeah, in both cases the bet was the lunch tab. Hahaha. The Quarter Pounder guy got off easy. The Chipotle guy coughed up some coin.

I can eat all that to this day (although, it would stick, if you know what I mean.) Back when I would eat the buns, one double quarter pounder with cheeese was the standard lunch fare if I wasn't hungry, and two if I was. If I was eating McD's for dinner, two would be standard. Same with Burger King, a couple double Whoppers plus an order of onion rings. Nowadays, it's some kind of double Carl's burger or half pound single lettuce wrap with a side salad for lunch, and two lettuce wrap doubles or half pound singles for dinner. And I could still eat more if I wanted.

I can eat all that to this day (although, it would stick, if you know what I mean.) Back when I would eat the buns, one double quarter pounder with cheeese was the standard lunch fare if I wasn't hungry, and two if I was. If I was eating McD's for dinner, two would be standard. Same with Burger King, a couple double Whoppers plus an order of onion rings. Nowadays, it's some kind of double Carl's burger or half pound single lettuce wrap with a side salad for lunch, and two lettuce wrap doubles or half pound singles for dinner. And I could still eat more if I wanted.

Nowadays I'd also have no problem with 4 QPC's or 2 Chipotle burritos, but I'd stay full for a few meals afterwards. 4 QPC's and I'd probably fast the next 2 meals from lack of hunger. 2 burritos and it'd probably be 3 meals.

Back in high school, I remember being at a party and all of us having our fill of pizza, which for me back then was half of an x-large. When the party was over the cleaning crew discovered 2 whole x-large pizzas leftover and untouched. I ate one, my buddy ate the other.

I could still take on a couple burgers or most of a pizza, but I don't because of my age and health conditions. Don't know how old you are Sac, but you may be one of those ****ers w/ a high metabolism who can still eat all the shet, and not have any reprecussions. I hate you. :D

I could still take on a couple burgers or most of a pizza, but I don't because of my age and health conditions. Don't know how old you are Sac, but you may be one of those ****ers w/ a high metabolism who can still eat all the shet, and not have any reprecussions. I hate you. :D

That's not really accurate all though it may have been at one point in time. I have to maintain a fairly strict diet/ low carb diet to keep the weight off. After more than a month in Vietnam, I am within about five pounds of my ideal weight. There I was eating single serving hot pot for lunch, which is basically boiled veggies and a couple small pieces of fish, probably well under 300 calories, and maybe the equivalent of three times that for dinner, which really isn't much calorie wise. I could still drink about four liters of beer a night and lose weight. Back home it's just tough, even when I am doing the cooking because I go big, whether it's salmon fish, ribs, tri-tip or a roast and then lots of calories hide in things like salad dressing. I still have to kill myself at the gym every single day with an hour of cardio followed by weights to keep the weight down.

Back