Random plane pictures

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Just a few of who has come through KPGA. The shadow in #3 reminds me of a child's toy plane. I had not before seen a Westwind jet.

Attachments

• Airplanes 011.jpg
    Airplanes 011.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Airplanes 012.jpg
    Airplanes 012.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Airplanes 037.jpg
    Airplanes 037.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • Airplanes 073.jpg
    Airplanes 073.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
This is one of the most exquistely restored Voyagers I have ever seen. I had landed just before him so I heard his radio calls. He was the consumate gentleman and sounded just like Tom D...too bad I did not have the chance to meet him.

Attachments

• Airplanes 039.jpg
    Airplanes 039.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • Airplanes 040.jpg
    Airplanes 040.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • Airplanes 041.jpg
    Airplanes 041.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • Airplanes 042.jpg
    Airplanes 042.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
A classic! This particular plane is so clean and the paint so beautiful, even the belly, you can see yourself in the reflection. Pride of ownership is obvious. I gather those are VHF antenna on the tail.

Attachments

• Airplanes 064.jpg
    Airplanes 064.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • Airplanes 066.jpg
    Airplanes 066.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • Airplanes 068.jpg
    Airplanes 068.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
The Westwind was derived from the Jet Commander 1121, built by the Aero Commander folks. Its parent company Rockwell Standard was bought out by North American which already had a bizjet (Sabreliner) in its catalogue, so as a condition of the merger the company had to divest itself of one of the jet programs. Thus the Jet Commander was sold to Israel Aircraft Industries. A later development, the Astra, was not long ago acquired by Gulfstream to become the Gulfstream G150 (you can see the similarity in the vertical tail dating back to the Jet Commander).

I did an insurance checkout in this Cardinal recently. Around the field, it's known as "Kermit." :D

Treo_050208_001.jpg

I did an insurance checkout in this Cardinal recently. Around the field, it's known as "Kermit." :D

Wow Kenny that has got to be one of the ugliest paint schemes I've ever seen!

:frog:

Ribbit!

Wow Kenny that has got to be one of the ugliest paint schemes I've ever seen!

:frog:

Ribbit!
I'm told it used to belong to a pipeline patrol. I'm sure the plane was easier to see than the pipeline.

Thanks for destroying my thread with that pile of puke. I guess I should have put "beautiful" in the title.

What's the third plane in the first post? The one with the shaddow that almost doesn't look real. That right there is a beautiful turbo-prop!

I got someone else to do the leg work for me, doesn't that make me a captain? :goofy:
Oooh. Gotta remember that one!

Polished Mooney at KMKC.

Attachments

• IMGA0992.JPG
    IMGA0992.JPG
    541.9 KB · Views: 18
Well, I'll come up with some others to post from time to time... perhaps to be unmatched!

I've seem this plane many times and the photo makes it look better. It is really ugly and the owner is proud of it.

Back