Ramp check

• Thread starter humiliating question
  • Start date
What do you all carry for W&B if anything? Are they looking for an equipment list and an overall W&B. Or a specific W&B for that flight which I always have on my phone or tablet?
I have my planes w&b info saved in foreflight. Takes 2 seconds

I had one new maintenance inspector try to ding me because I didn't have an annual inspection on my King Air.

I had one new maintenance inspector try to ding me because I didn't have an annual inspection on my King Air.

Huh? Is the King Air immune from annual inspections?

FAA doesn't drug test part 91 at all. The pee sample you give during a medical, as I understand it, isn't use for a drug test but to check various bodily functions.
As we pointed out in a different thread, protein and glucose is what is mandated, but sometimes the test strips have panels for a few other things like ketones and such. Pilots are never asked to test any drugs :)

The air carriers are required to implement a drug testing program, but to my knowledge almost everybody uses a contractor for that. My old AME used to do that as his PRIMARY business. That let him offer medicals for a reasonable price (he gave a 50% discount for pilots).

One of the many ramp checks I have gone through. Back when I was flying a C-210 hauling cancelled checks.

I had parked, finished for the night, and was walking towards the office. I was walking in front of a line of probably 15 C-210s. The last plane I was walking by was a low wing of some kind. That is when I noticed my shoe lace was untied. I stopped and bent over to tie the lace, and when I bent over my flight bag emptied itself.

So after tying my shoe, I started stuffing everything back in my flight bag. I noticed two people walking towards me. As I stood up one of the guys introduced himself, then started looking at the low wing. He started showing me things that were wrong with the plane. The more he found, the louder he got. He finally finished and told me he would speak to the Director of Maintenance about the poor shape of the plane and for me to expect some sort of discipline for flying it in such condition.

I asked him why he was telling me all this. He really yelled this time, telling me I was in several violations for flying this plane.

I put my flight bag down, put my hands on my hips and yelled back, loudly. I WAS NOT FLYING THIS PLANE.!!! I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS PLANE BELONGS TO.!!

This guy looked at me with a surprised look on is face and did not say a word. I picked up my flight bag and walked away.

You have the funniest stories. I retell my same 3 stupid stories over and over and every thread you have something else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back