Rachmaninoff had big hands <g>

Mr. Borge was a performer I truly miss. He was a class act, being very funny but always in good taste.

In 1987, I took a date to the Denver Spaghetti Factory for dinner. We got lost in conversation, running us late to walk a couple blocks away to Boettcher Concert Hall. We were no more than two minutes past the start time as we walked down the aisle. Mr. Borge looks right at us and proceeds to say, "Where have you been? We've been waiting for you!" For the next five minutes, we become part of his comedic material. Later on, he tells the audience it was our fault for the late intermission.

I had chances to see him a couple more times in later years. I wish I had. Grant, thanks for the links. I needed a good laugh.

Mr. Borge was a performer I truly miss. He was a class act, being very funny but always in good taste.

In 1987, I took a date to the Denver Spaghetti Factory for dinner. We got lost in conversation, running us late to walk a couple blocks away to Boettcher Concert Hall. We were no more than two minutes past the start time as we walked down the aisle. Mr. Borge looks right at us and proceeds to say, "Where have you been? We've been waiting for you!" For the next five minutes, we become part of his comedic material. Later on, he tells the audience it was our fault for the late intermission.

I had chances to see him a couple more times in later years. I wish I had. Grant, thanks for the links. I needed a good laugh.

I remember a PDQ Bach concert in Cupertino, CA a number of years ago (20?). Someone came in late and was berated from the stage as well. To much applause from the rest of the audience, I might add. Then my wife and I spent the evening cracking up at the musical jokes as our young (at the time) kids kept asking what was so funny. With the musical education they've had since, I think they get the jokes when we play a PDQ Bach CD today.

I remember a PDQ Bach concert in Cupertino, CA a number of years ago (20?). Someone came in late and was berated from the stage as well. To much applause from the rest of the audience, I might add. Then my wife and I spent the evening cracking up at the musical jokes as our young (at the time) kids kept asking what was so funny. With the musical education they've had since, I think they get the jokes when we play a PDQ Bach CD today.

Ghery,

Ever listen to the track "New Horizons in Music Appreciation?" Funny as hell...

...and there really is a New York Mills, MN! :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN0872.jpg
    DSCN0872.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 8
Back