Quote #32 - Goats in Clouds

poadeleted20

Deleted
The author of that line is, indeed, known -- it's Gary Larson, author of the "Far Side" cartoon series. Credit where credit is due, please.

It's from one of his cartoons, showing goats in clouds.

That guy has one warped sense of humor. I can't imagine where he got it. Oh yeah, he went to college the same place I did. About the same time. Oh well...

Where in the world is this quote? I wanted to go back to it; search for quote #32 shows no result.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Where in the world is this quote? I wanted to go back to it; search for quote #32 shows no result.

Dave
It's off of the CTAF chatter on the first page (home page) for the PoA site. There is a random quote generator. If you hit the View All button and scroll to the second page, you'll see #32:

"Hey....What's that goat doing up here in this cloud?"

- Gary Larson, "Far Side" Cartoonist

Thanks. Since Gary Larson was a cartoonist, any chance there's a graphic to accompany this quote??

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Thanks. Since Gary Larson was a cartoonist, any chance there's a graphic to accompany this quote??

Dave
No. The CTAF Chatter feature isn't a graphics-based system.

Dave Siciliano said:

Dave

There's a B&W of some airline pilot type caracatures looking at a Mtn Goat in their window floating around on the net. I'll see if I can find it for you. I printed it out for my wall.

Brian Austin said:
It's off of the CTAF chatter on the first page (home page) for the PoA site. There is a random quote generator. If you hit the View All button and scroll to the second page, you'll see #32:

"Hey....What's that goat doing up here in this cloud?"

- Gary Larson, "Far Side" Cartoonist
Actually, in the cartoon the pilot says "mountain goat," not just "goat."

Dave Siciliano said:
Gary Larson does not permit internet postings of his copyrighted works, including that cartoon. We're probably pushing the envelope with even the caption by itself.

Thanks. Had a perfect place to put it, but understand the copy right concerns.

Best,

Dave

Back