Quiz: Do you deserve your High School diploma?

wsuffa said:
Actually, the four-letter portion of that which blanked out is *officially* a "dirty word". It was, in fact, one of the infamous Carlin Seven, the words you can't say on the radio......
But with the modifier it is not a dirty word. The word ****ed can also mean drunk. As in "I went out last night and got really ****ed"

Adjective
Return to WordNet Home
Just a dumb word filter I know, no way to have the filter pick up on when it is used and the non acceptable noun and/or verb version. sigh!

Last edited:
mikea said:
Remember when they were the sponsor of the Chicago Cubs on TV in 1969? Leo Dorocher saying, "Lets have another Slits(sic) fellas"

"Real gusto in a great, light beer."

I was too young to drink beer in 1969.

Did they go down the tubes when they got bought out and switched to cheap ingredients or was it always that bad? When we got a keg of Schlitz in college and they called it *its I agreed they were right. It got so bad they stopped making it, huh?
Chicago Cubs!!?? They play some kind of team sport with a ball I think ;-)

I seem to remember that nobody around our house drank Schlitz on a regular basis but it was enjoyed when it was drunk. I think it was on par with Falstaff in beer greatness :vomit:

91%. I blew the dangling modifier (I hate grammar questions!) and the religion one. Why? Because I'm a moron.

Cubism was a good one. The Pi one is wrong. There is no conclusive proof that Pi is infinite. We just know that up until this point we haven't found the end.. :yes:

Cheers,

-Andrew

alaskaflyer said:
97%, got the question about Cubism wrong but I was never an art history fan...

I got that one right by the process of elimination, none of the other answers made any sense to me. Not that I know anything about art though.

bbchien said:
They speak Farsi, not Arabic.
<pendantic> The language is Persian, but locally known as Farsi </pendantic>

Ask any Iranian if they are an Arab. They will emphatically say "No!" and inform you that they are Persian. Or Bedoiun. Or Sufi. Or... but never an Arab.

Cheers,

-Andrew

smigaldi said:
That is because Iranians are not Arab they are Persian. The arabs were considered a bunch of nomadic, savages and were ruled by the Ottoman empire and the Persian Empire. Iranians bristle a bit when you call them Arab.

I figured out which ones I got wrong.

Iran/Arab, I somehow read Iraq when it was actually Iran. Must have Iraq on the brain.

Michelangelo, and I admit I don't know squat about art.

Jesus/Mary, ditto on Catholicism.

Magna Carta, just plain forgot what that was and it sounded like Latin so I picked Italy.

BTW I also found out that you can leave the Chris Columbus question (as well as the first two) unanswered and still get 100%, what's with that?

lancefisher said:
I figured out which ones I got wrong.

Iran/Arab, I somehow read Iraq when it was actually Iran. Must have Iraq on the brain.

Michelangelo, and I admit I don't know squat about art.

Jesus/Mary, ditto on Catholicism.

Magna Carta, just plain forgot what that was and it sounded like Latin so I picked Italy.

BTW I also found out that you can leave the Chris Columbus question (as well as the first two) unanswered and still get 100%, what's with that?
The one I got wrong was really dumb. I sped through it too fast. What Century is the 1600s.

I didn't forget as much as I thought I did. I got 97%. Fun. :)

Back