Quiz: Do you deserve your High School diploma?

100%

"You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!"

Good to know my brain isn't total mush.

I figured out which one I got wrong. I knew better.

You paid attention during 100% of high school!

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Does it count if you're an autodidact and don't know what that is???

Well i scored 80% .must be that good catholic education.
Dave G

Shipoke said:
Well i scored 80% .must be that good catholic education.
Dave G
I hope you didn't get the immaculate conception question wrong. I dunno how public school kids could be expected to know that when even Catholics get it wrong.

97%. No idea which one I missed. I suspect it was 10% of 25 though. Gonna try it again and see if I'm right.

You paid attention during 80% of high school!

Funny.... I never, ever, made it thru 50% of High school..
I quit, to join the military to protect us all, from the
Russian influence ( read ICBM's,) in Cuba.

But I did sleep at a certain hotel/motel once....
I then took the GED test, and went on to College.

Wha? Huh? It wasn't a "Motel Six" ??? Well gee, I dunno then :dunno:

I got the dangling modifier wrong, but I disagree with the correct answer.

N2212R said:
Its correct answer is correct.
It's the correct answer. :rolleyes:

mikea said:
Its correct answer is correct.
It's the correct answer. :rolleyes:

Wrong question, Mike. He's talking about the dangling modifier one.

91%.

I guess I'm a moron compared to you geniuses. So are only the people who did well posting, or am I just dumb?

SkyHog said:
Wrong question, Mike. He's talking about the dangling modifier one.
Oh, yeah. I thought a while about that one. I didn't think it exactly met the definition of a dangling modifier but it was the best choice.

You can hear good examples about any morning on NPR news. They must have more than one news writer who writes clumsy sentences.

"Politicians in Chicago today, where it snowed heavily, said they would they seek out corruption in city hall." :dunno:

I even got the 1st question wrong......

cwyckham said:
So are only the people who did well posting, or am I just dumb?

I think we all know what these quizzes are worth. They're good for a laugh at best.:cheerswine:

100% here. Thank God for multiple-choice, is all I have to say... If it weren't for multiple-choice tests, I'd still be in grade school. :D

deafsound said:
I even got the 1st question wrong......
Your age?

I got a 97% ... I took the bait on Iran being an Arab country - but define "Arab"? Iran was run by the Shah then, but I don't even recall hearing about Iran in High School.

I wonder if the questions were selected from a pool based on age? Like, give me some questions based on when I was in High School...

Which is not correct?
A. Hamms - the beer refreshing
B. Coors - only enough for the west
C. Schlitz - guaranteed to give you a good case of the Schlitz
D. Miller - champagne of bottled beer

Last edited:
86%. I thought I would do better, none of the questions were totally unknown to me. Hmmmm.

I am disappointed that it didn't show which questions I missed.

i paid attention during 80% of high school apparently. i think this may be a little bit of an exaggeration...

80%

...I'm part of that stupider new age generation...Although there might be another factor that could explain the lower score.

Oh wait.. Tony scored 80% too. So I guess that means I'm OK.

jangell said:
80%

...I'm part of that stupider new age generation...Although there might be another factor that could explain the lower score.

Oh wait.. Tony scored 80% too. So I guess that means I'm OK.

Or Im in big trouble, cant decide

gkainz said:
Your age?

I got a 97% ... I took the bait on Iran being an Arab country - but define "Arab"? Iran was run by the Shah then, but I don't even recall hearing about Iran in High School.
They speak Farsi, not Arabic.
I wonder if the questions were selected from a pool based on age? Like, give me some questions based on when I was in High School...

Which is not correct?
C. Schlitz - the good Schlitz
[/QUOTE]Ah, Jaywalk of the all-stars.

N2212R said:
I only got 86%. How do you find out which ones you missed other than by experimenting? BTW I believe the first choice was the correct answer to the dangling modifier question. ("Being very patriotic, the flag inspires me every day"). And I learned virtually nothing about "the immaculate conception" in public school so I probably got that one wrong.

Also JOOC, how can you score 97% on a test with 19 questions? 18/19=94.7%

lancefisher said:
And I learned virtually nothing about "the immaculate conception" in public school so I probably got that one wrong.

I also got that one wrong.

I got a 97% which is more than I thought I'd get, but I think that's because I got out of high school substantially due to a lot of educated guesses. :D

Of course, since there's no way to get 97% out of 19 (or 21) questions, I think the real answer is that the person who wrote the quiz didn't deserve their diploma... :rolleyes:

jangell said:
I also got that one wrong.
The Virgin Mary was (not had) the Immaculate Conception because she was born without Original Sin. I only know that because the "nun" in "Late Night Catechism" play trips you up with that before the intermission. I did not remember that from my Catholic school upbringing.

bbchien said:
They speak Farsi, not Arabic.
That is because Iranians are not Arab they are Persian. The arabs were considered a bunch of nomadic, savages and were ruled by the Ottoman empire and the Persian Empire. Iranians bristle a bit when you call them Arab.

Last edited:
gkainz said:
Which is not correct?
C. Schlitz - guaranteed to give you a good case of the Schlitz

C.

If I remember right the sloganwas something like "If you like beer, You'll love Schlitz"

I scored 91%, my wife scored 71%. She was ****ed. "That's not right!" The last words she spoke the rest of the night.

*edit note* Come on, pi55ed is not a 4 letter word!*

Gerhardt said:
*edit note* Come on, ****ed is not a 4 letter word!*

Actually, the four-letter portion of that which blanked out is *officially* a "dirty word". It was, in fact, one of the infamous Carlin Seven, the words you can't say on the radio......

smigaldi said:
C.

If I remember right the sloganwas something like "If you like beer, You'll love Schlitz"
Remember when they were the sponsor of the Chicago Cubs on TV in 1969? Leo Dorocher saying, "Lets have another Slits(sic) fellas"

"Real gusto in a great, light beer."

I was too young to drink beer in 1969.

Did they go down the tubes when they got bought out and switched to cheap ingredients or was it always that bad? When we got a keg of Schlitz in college and they called it *its I agreed they were right. It got so bad they stopped making it, huh?

Back