Quicken has gone subscription now.

I wonder what it means to have a money back guarantee on a product that they are offering for free?

It apparently didn't last long. It now says $67.49 for the first year only. It goes up after that I suppose.

It apparently didn't last long. It now says $67.49 for the first year only. It goes up after that I suppose.

Oh wow, that sucks. I got alert yesterday. "Bought" it just before posting. Sorry.

@$ 67.50 they can kiss my bare behind. I'm still running Quicken 2002 to reconcile my checkbook and that is all I need.

Not sure if it's standard: Sam's Club purchase includes 2 yrs of subscription for the list price. I don't know what happens at renewal time, if you can renew for another 2yrs at the same price or if it goes to 1 yr at full price.

Last edited:
Well.. This ($0 purchase) was short-lived. Just got an email from Quicken saying that they screwed up and listed incorrect price publicly on what was supposed to be an internal test page. So, they kindly tell me that your subscription is null and void after 60 days.. Oh well.. back to 2017 version :)

So, they kindly tell me that your subscription is null and void after 60 days..
Boy, now, if that doesn't sound like typical Quicken BS. We screw up, you pay.

I've been with them for at least 20 years, maybe more. It's a "comfort" and "familiarity" thing that's kept me around...it's definitely not because I'm a fan.

Back