Question re Autopilot Circuit Breaker

When the circuit breaker for the T&B indicator in the 'kota was replaced a pullable breaker was installed.

1) should a 337 have been filed?

2) should I not pull the breaker before switching the master on when working with the avionics, checking the stall horn, or checking the lights while in the hangar?

3) will the sun still rise in the east tomorrow?

I am with Henning on this. The PRIMARY function of the device is whatever the designer intended it to be. Some breakers were designed to be switches also and some switches were designed to also be breakers.

It's not really worth arguing about. But then again . . .

I remember some older aircraft had switches which were also circuit breakers such as this.

w31series.jpg

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/pbcircuitbrkr2.php

The OP had a question?

Yeah but only post #2 is quasi obligated to kinda somewhat answer the OP question in some sort of fashion. After that it is okay to completely forget the OP and whatever his/her question was. Don't you know the rules?? :dunno:

:D

Answer to OP's QUESTION is NO.

How many of us go back to see: "was there a question"?

There were actually two. I think that's one too many over the allowable limit.

(Yes, I went and looked)

I'm the OP. I tricked you all. My real motive was to determine, once and for all, the primary purpose of circuit breakers. Suckers.

Edit - Happy Thanksgiving!

The photo below shows the autopilot circuit breaker ("CB") in one of the Cessna 172's I'm now training in. Isn't this CB supposed to be "pullable?"

To my untrained eye, the autopilot CB only looks like it's designed to be pushed back in if it pops opens, but not manually pulled out. Compare it with the GPS CB to the right,

Am I missing something?

Auto_PIlot_Circuit_Breaker.jpg

Hi, I have registered myself at Pilots Of America today, discovered this Website through a question I have regarding the CB. Flying on Friday, after one hour lost my Generator. My CBs are all pullable. Upon landing checked the CB (35A for the Generator). No reaction. My Generator for my C172F is from 2011 (H-L021310 Hartzell Engine Technologies_OEM Part_DOFF10300FR_12V-60 Amp. Installed_July 2011) got about 200 hours on it now. How can I verify the CB is still functionable and or it is the Alternator that is U/S? - Thank you

That circuit breaker is obviously broken. The head is snapped off. It should be replaced soon.
It has obviously been pulled often for training.

Back