Question for Major/Regional Pilots...

Apply everywhere. Take the regional, if you have too. Watch out for training contracts.

I'm guessing he's a UPS guy.

Really? I don't know what you mean by military 'management' but from my experience, the military management/line pilot crosses very often until you get higher than the sq/cc level. Flight cc's and sq/cc's often "fly the line," go on trips with the crew dogs and try to keep one hand in what the "line pilots" are going through. Go up to group or wing staff, and all bets are off...

And as I said...my company is TOTALLY different. If you are in management, you DO NOT have a seniority number but you can fly occasionally within the caveats of the contract. In the military, you are an officer or an enlisted guy and an enlisted guy can go up to be an officer but once there...you are there.

At most "airlines" the "management" pilot can work the office and go back to the line. At my company that is impossible.

Yeas,.... Yes!!!! Gor for it. X' min go for it.

Again, thanks for all the data. I'm relatively complete with majors applications, so I'm going to start hitting up Regionals in the next six months. I get the feeling from Herr and several other sources that I have a chance at majors but can expect to touch and go at a regional or other job first. Tis life. I'll get there eventually.

Thanks,
Ed

Back