Question about my record

Wooof

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Wooof
When I make a mistake or didn’t follow the instruction properly from ATC or ground, as long as I weren’t given a number to call, is it fine with my record?

Don’t think they keep a record for us

I think your question got answered thoroughly in the other thread you started.

As @smv said in the other thread, you are "likely" ok.

having a "record" requires a lot more that messing up. Giving a number to call is only the very first step of the process. There's no permanent FAA record unless and until there is an investigation by an inspector, which you will be part of.

Technically optional in some cases, it is not likely to go to the next step without getting the phone number ("Brasher warning").

Unfortunately for subscribers only, I recently did an article for IFR Magazine on the subject. Dude! You're Busted! (Dont blame me; I didn't choose the title.)

Unfortunately for subscribers only, I recently did an article for IFR Magazine on the subject. Dude! You're Busted! (Dont blame me; I didn't choose the title.)
Off topic, but can you (or someone else) give an honest sales pitch for IFR Magazine? Is it worth it if it has to compete with other reading material?

Off topic, but can you (or someone else) give an honest sales pitch for IFR Magazine? Is it worth it if it has to compete with other reading material?
I will. I'm working on my IR, in fact checkride is in a week. While studying, it seemed like every time I would search Google for a question I came up with, it would return an article published in IFR. After that happened a dozen or so times I subscribed. Subscribing also gives you access to all back issues on pdf.

Don't be shocked when the first issue shows up....its like 12 pages on newsprint... but the information within is pure gold. The simulator challenges alone are worth the cost of subscription. The short length works, too, as it's about the right amount of info to digest without being overwhelming. I learn something from every article and never just scan and flip the page like most aviation stuff I read.

As @smv said in the other thread, you are "likely" ok.

having a "record" requires a lot more that messing up. Giving a number to call is only the very first step of the process. There's no permanent FAA record unless and until there is an investigation by an inspector, which you will be part of.

Technically optional in some cases, it is not likely to go to the next step without getting the phone number ("Brasher warning").

I enjoyed that article. I'll have to look out for your byline.

You’re probably fine, but I’d do some real world IFR flying with someone experienced in the right seat before you try to get any kind of flying job.

Expect the local constable or FAA inspector to knock on your door anytime.

Honest, you should subscribe to IFR. Of the four Belvoir magazines I subscribe to , it is the most valuable. Flying Mag is the least valuable...if I did’t get as a NAFI perk I would drop it in a heartbeat.

Bob Gardner

Honest, you should subscribe to IFR. Of the four Belvoir magazines I subscribe to , it is the most valuable. Flying Mag is the least valuable...if I did’t get as a NAFI perk I would drop it in a heartbeat.

Bob Gardner
Thanks. I just subscribed for a year. I've already learned a few things.

Well, let's just say I was a subscriber alternately with IFR Refresher for many years before I started writing for them about 3 years ago. The two publications from the same publisher have a slightly different slant. There's overlap but Refresher tends to cover basics while IFR Tends to look more in depth at working and understanding the system.

Best part: no advertising. They are all meat. Keep an eye out for initial subscriber discounts. you can also go to the website. Each month one article is selected for public reading, so you can get a taste.

Back