Question about my home heat pump....with pic

kgruber

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skywag
My inside heat pump system has two, what appears to be water pipes, attached.

What for?....the pipes???

it has an electrostatic air filter.......but I haven't found it to clean.

Correct, the white pvc is the condensing line, the other is the insulated suction/refrigerant line. It connects the heat pump to the evaporator coil. Keep in mind that this is the air handler in the photo, not the heating pump itself.

The white one is a drain for the condenser. Upper appears to be refrigerant lines.

Note the good Captain said "refrigerant lines" i.e. plural as in two (2) are inside the foam insulation ... a send and return. You will see these connected to the outside unit.

That A coil is installed up side down. So, there are two possible drains. Only the lower one will collect water....no need for pvc on the upper.

it has an electrostatic air filter.......but I haven't found it to clean.

I don't see an electrostatic filter in that photo either. I do see a slot for a standard air filter, at the top of the stack, just above the refrigerant lines insulated in black foam. For best system efficiency, you should remove any filter element that is in that slot, if you think the (yet to be found) electrostatic is good enough. Or, replace the filter element every three months or so, if you want to double filter.

Back